PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prince of the hills, there is a train [emoji577] running on a small loop of tracks, in the West end of the county, that was at one time the Mother of the track bed that we were searching.

I’ll have to get Bob to pick it up, from his farm where we were.
I’ll take it to the station and see if anyone can identify it.

Bob’s son was doing the digging for him and dug it out and rolled it out of the hole and right between his knees, then reached back into the hole with a Garret penpointer and couldn’t find the signal!! It was so packed full of mud, he thought it was a rock.

When the pointer hit it, we all thought it was a coffee can... till he hit it with the shovel.

Bob shook his head and called him a “Jar-head”!

Semper Fi...
[:0)]:~

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575424781.151417.jpg

Modern mining operation??
From GE.

????

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello, loks like it might be a placer operation,

yuo can see the preliminary cuts in the center, left hand side, on an arroyo at the top of the operation.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Too generic.
But still had to see if it matched the conversation, a little earlier...

It is an eye 👁 catcher any way I look at it.

#/;0{>~

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fellas, I need a little help here.
This pin was in a box of my Dad’s badges. I am permanently mounting them on an American Flag [emoji631] wrapped board, to fit a frame.

Badges and other pins, etc... that reflect Dad’s LEO career from the mid seventies through the mid nineties.
(Other than a short trip to West Texas)

I just got off the phone with my oldest brother, and he told me that Dad had been accepted as a Mason. I was completely blindsided... He has never spoken of it, that I am aware of.

My question is, What does this pin define??

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575573118.673176.jpg ,

I am asking, so I can finish this project as a gift for him.

If anyone has any idea, I would like to hear it.

Here is the project, that I will hold in hope for a response.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575573578.935102.jpg ,

Thank you in advance.

Mikel

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found the answer in an email from an old friend.
Independent Order of the Foresters. The pin may have been my grandfather’s.

So if you were looking for the information, thanks, all the same.

#/;0{>~

White Heart

Sep 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real of Tayopa; Alamos to Chinapas were my first trips said:
I would love to hear about those trips. Did you travel north from Alamos to San Bernardo and then east to maybe Guadalupe, then down stream to Chinipas? Or did you go east toward El Cobre then north to Chimipas?

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alamos - san berardo, la reynas home fora mule, then up the arroyo, camped this side of the devide, crossed over, down to the Chinapas via arroyo Cruz, river then on to Chinapas. Took two days but Chemale, the mail man dif it one day and never repeated his self, ost colorful language i ever heard\

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first time that i crossed to Chinapas Chemale didn.t wait until la Reyba brought in my mule, he just took off. Since it was getting late i decided to follow him on foot. mistake no. 1. i never di catch up with him, i found out later that we were only 1/2 of a mile apart that night, he with warm blankets, me with three fires, feet and both shoulders. After a faily good sleep, i proceeded to open the can of sardines with a rock and fisher them out with my fingers, that was about 10 am, at around 11 an i found that they were spoiled, i would go a few hundred meters then urp, go another of meters and yrp again. i carried my forestry canteen, 2 quarts. in this manner i staggered to the summit where i found my way down arroyo Cruz, in this way i found my way down to the River. i stopped at a pool and soaked in the warm wather where i found a floating Cholla bud , I just flicked it off, only that you do not get rid of them so easily, it took several tries before i finally got rid of it. So i finally got to sleep. The net morning i found that i was only about a kilometer from Chinapas, where i finally secured a room. I must la have slept that night fairly comfortable, i had ceased urpimg. i found that Chemae had secured the room for me, all of my gear was in the room. This was my introduction to Chinapas. Urps and all. Three days on the trail with nothing to eat ecept the spoiled Sardines.x

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well,

i am getting over my malaise, bit by bit. I find myself no longer wanting to join my Berti, that will come in time, in fact I am getting back to the book. i will have to relearn typing, one finger style now. i will see if Treasure net will allow me to use some of the stories that i have posted in here. I have many that were not published here. Am back up to 130 lbs and with a full beard, note Beth, the net time that we meet and ya wanna smooch thumbnail_TAYOPA_1.jpg ch me. Roy will send you the map to Naranjal and the depository, etc.,

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well,

i am getting over my malaise, bit by bit. I find myself no longer wanting to join my Berti, that will come in time, in fact I am getting back to the book. i will have to relearn typing, one finger style now. i will see if Treasure net will allow me to use some of the stories that i have posted in here. I have many that were not published here. Am back up to 130 lbs and with a full beard, note Beth, the net time that we meet and ya wanna smooch View attachment 1779853 ch me. Roy will send you the map to Naranjal and the depository, etc.,

Jose, the first time I looked at that photo, I thought the dark spot below that could be a mine!!

I missed it by that much! And at that distance, a miss is as good as a mile..

#/:0(>:~

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Jose, the first time I looked at that photo, I thought the dark spot below that could be a mine!!

I missed it by that much! And at that distance, a miss is as good as a mile..

#/:0(>:~
========
When I looked Mikel, all I could see was Cartel members carrying weapons ???

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, it was the glint off their AK-47 that gave them away :laughing7:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS AND GALS!
I hope you all have a wonderful day of fun food and family!

#/;0{>:~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread