Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Well its year of thing well out of control. Nothing can be done with borders closed and covid 19 restrictions hampering operations.

Just sit and wait and enjoy cruise control.

Crow

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hows the transactions are they coming through?

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah good but but just sick changing accounts.

Crow

Well its still not a bad thing to complain about. The price of gold is still high and other commodities are high. People are buying gold quicker than digging it up. Talk about hitting a sweet spot when prices are high.

Kanacki

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well its still not a bad thing to complain about. The price of gold is still high and other commodities are high. People are buying gold quicker than digging it up. Talk about hitting a sweet spot when prices are high.

Kanacki

A few of our investments have been stinkers but talk about a sweet spot get a load of this sweet spot found last year in one of our investments. And they are still hitting mother lode. That piece was 63 kilos.

63kg Stone-1.jpg

63 x 85,243.04 AU per kilo = 5 370 309 AU

And that was not the not the big one.:tongue3:

94 kilos.jpg

This one was 84 kilos. 84 x 85243.04 AU kilo = 716412 AU

Shareholders are loving it.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hows the charter business going kanacki?

Crow

Crow it was hard to let crews go in Indonesia and Thailand. But these vessels are you know lose money every day they are not at work. Foreign tourism collapsed from covid 19. And we could not sustain keeping people employed month after month of no work. While many people was devastated losing there jobs. They took a pay cut that extended their employment but the impact of covid 19 was not going away soon. So I make a hard decision that we could not keep hemorrhaging money.

I think 12 months to 2 years maybe longer until the world economy rebounds enough for western tourists to return sufficient numbers to sustain the business. So both vessels are back on my island. On my island there as you know there is no tourism. But no impact of covid 19. Although I had to go into quarantine for 2 weeks.

But I have created some work locals in the boat yard in overhauling the vessels. However I am budgeting at least 5 years worst case scenario.

However we can thank Hardluck for hounding us diversify our investments. Even so after taken a hard hit other investments have sustained us still quite well.

But seeing the social impacts of covid going on around the world I am thankful where I am everyday.

How is that bar of yours?

Kanacki

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crow it was hard to let crews go in Indonesia and Thailand. But these vessels are you know lose money every day they are not at work. Foreign tourism collapsed from covid 19. And we could not sustain keeping people employed month after month of no work. While many people was devastated losing there jobs. They took a pay cut that extended their employment but the impact of covid 19 was not going away soon. So I make a hard decision that we could not keep hemorrhaging money.

I think 12 months to 2 years maybe longer until the world economy rebounds enough for western tourists to return sufficient numbers to sustain the business. So both vessels are back on my island. On my island there as you know there is no tourism. But no impact of covid 19. Although I had to go into quarantine for 2 weeks.

But I have created some work locals in the boat yard in overhauling the vessels. However I am budgeting at least 5 years worst case scenario.

However we can thank Hardluck for hounding us diversify our investments. Even so after taken a hard hit other investments have sustained us still quite well.

But seeing the social impacts of covid going on around the world I am thankful where I am everyday.

How is that bar of yours?

Kanacki

I and Hardluck gave the lessee a "sweetheart deal" with the rent and now he is behind. But the government has put restrictions on us on what we can do. So even behind we are working in agreement to try to get the debt down. While borders have been closed they struggle to stay open. There are virtually no tourists on the island at present and many other business are suffering. If Australia opens it states borders the tourists with in the country unable to travel overseas travel interstate and create a slowly recovery. While its a pain in the ass we can run at loss until a recovery.

Once again a diverse investment portfolio has shielded us from the worst so far. In fact most of other investments are booming Still its painful to see people crash and burn amigos. So I am banking on increase of domestic tourism providing our state premier get off their high horse and open the borders.

Crow

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I and Hardluck gave the lessee a "sweetheart deal" with the rent and now he is behind. But the government has put restrictions on us on what we can do. So even behind we are working in agreement to try to get the debt down. While borders have been closed they struggle to stay open. There are virtually no tourists on the island at present and many other business are suffering. If Australia opens it states borders the tourists with in the country unable to travel overseas travel interstate and create a slowly recovery. While its a pain in the ass we can run at loss until a recovery.

Once again a diverse investment portfolio has shielded us from the worst so far. In fact most of other investments are booming Still its painful to see people crash and burn amigos. So I am banking on increase of domestic tourism providing our state premier get off their high horse and open the borders.

Crow

I think many politicians mishandled many aspects of the pandemic in many countries. However how do control the globalized movement of people? The world was more globalized than 1919. And economies much more diverse and complex.

Hardluck updated me with Aurania's lost cities Project. Covid 19 slowed exploration the lease from fear of spreading covid to indigenous people. Since it is project working jointly with locals and the government the covis safe measures have to be put in place. However the share market was unkind to Aurania they lost 20% of their value. I think there will be down turn of many share values. As of April we had lost on paper lost 2.5% over all on share portfolio. Since the last 4 months it has boomed amigo. Over all with bargains we picked up when shares in march fell because of the panic by covid 19. has boomed.

Well done with After pay amigo.

Kanacki

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I think many politicians mishandled many aspects of the pandemic in many countries. However how do control the globalized movement of people? The world was more globalized than 1919. And economies much more diverse and complex.

Hardluck updated me with Aurania's lost cities Project. Covid 19 slowed exploration the lease from fear of spreading covid to indigenous people. Since it is project working jointly with locals and the government the covis safe measures have to be put in place. However the share market was unkind to Aurania they lost 20% of their value. I think there will be down turn of many share values. As of April we had lost on paper lost 2.5% over all on share portfolio. Since the last 4 months it has boomed amigo. Over all with bargains we picked up when shares in march fell because of the panic by covid 19. has boomed.

Well done with After pay amigo.

Kanacki

The Unites States under its strategic policy has been pushing Australia to develop mines that lithium mine to help diverse away from Chinese Stranglehold. If they had supported Nautilus minerals when that project was undermined by the Chinese communists looking to protect their monopoly on Lithium.

But now they are coming more concerned over the supply of Lithium. There are a few projects in making in NSW. Getting permission to mine under the strategic minerals act. So some start up mining companies might show some promises in the share market.

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Got to go Kanacki

My little pirate is awake and it late. And he has been running amuck as of late. Obsessed when he goes to sleep that we all go asleep just in case he misses some thing. Its been beautiful day today we went down the beach to swim. Little man has been running us ragged. He schooling has been very interrupted this year. Its hard to get him into a routine when school has been on again off again.

You know what Kanacki it seems like a full circle I enrolled my lad into the very school I went to 50 years ago.:tongue3:

Crow

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow never did I ever see the day you being a dad amigo?:tongue3:

A scary thought but old crow is truly always full of surprises.:laughing7:

I think we should spare the others here the Crow Kanacki show for awhile.:tongue3:

TT:

The Kwai when not hauling food to remote islands she removes crap from Pacific garbage patch.Paid for by environmentalists.

garbage patch.JPG

https _blogs-images.forbes.com_scottsnowden_files_2019_05_GreatPacificGarbagePatch.jpg

Kanacki

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally my apologies don Jose amigo.

How is everyone going? I hope things are well as they could in your respective places in the world?

Come on in join in the conversation.

Kanacki

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Another project that might show a lot of promise in regards to Lithium. In Sonora Mexico

Bacanora owns ten mining concession areas covering approximately 100,000 hectares in the northeast of Sonora State in Mexico. Seven of these ten mining concessions (the 'Sonora Lithium Project') were included in the Sonora Feasibility Study published in January 2018.

The Sonora Lithium Project has a Measured plus Indicated Mineral Resource estimate of over 5 Mt (comprising 1.9Mt of Measured Resources and 3.1Mt of Indicated Resources) of LCE and an additional Inferred Mineral Resource of 3.7 Mt of LCE.

The Sonora Feasibility Study has established Proven Mineral Reserves (in accordance with NI 43-101) of 1.67 Mt and Probable Mineral Reserves of 2.85 Mt LCE and confirmed the economics associated with becoming a 35,000 tpa lithium carbonate and 30,000 tpa SOP producer in Mexico.

If it goes ahead and I think it will because United states tech industry need to get Lithium from another source other than the Chinese communist party who has the strangle hold on the strategist rare earth metal. Shares will go from a penny stock into high yielding share. California tech industry needs alternative access for growth. Now much more important was we are going into a new cold war.

So Shares in The Sonora Lithium Project will be one to watch.

Crow

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another project that might show a lot of promise in regards to Lithium. In Sonora Mexico

Bacanora owns ten mining concession areas covering approximately 100,000 hectares in the northeast of Sonora State in Mexico. Seven of these ten mining concessions (the 'Sonora Lithium Project') were included in the Sonora Feasibility Study published in January 2018.

The Sonora Lithium Project has a Measured plus Indicated Mineral Resource estimate of over 5 Mt (comprising 1.9Mt of Measured Resources and 3.1Mt of Indicated Resources) of LCE and an additional Inferred Mineral Resource of 3.7 Mt of LCE.

The Sonora Feasibility Study has established Proven Mineral Reserves (in accordance with NI 43-101) of 1.67 Mt and Probable Mineral Reserves of 2.85 Mt LCE and confirmed the economics associated with becoming a 35,000 tpa lithium carbonate and 30,000 tpa SOP producer in Mexico.

If it goes ahead and I think it will because United states tech industry need to get Lithium from another source other than the Chinese communist party who has the strangle hold on the strategist rare earth metal. Shares will go from a penny stock into high yielding share. California tech industry needs alternative access for growth. Now much more important was we are going into a new cold war.

So Shares in The Sonora Lithium Project will be one to watch.

Crow

Hola Crow do not forget amigo there is fantastic new technology being developed that may even render lithium batteries obsolete. the Nuclear Waste-Powered Diamond Battery which is in the process of getting a patent. That diamond battery for a smart phone would never need charging for 8 years. A pace maker never need charging at all. Small electronic items that require batteries would never need recharging. Remote control for garage door or car door never need a battery change. A torch that never needs a battery change. The global ramification of such technology would render Chinese monopoly on Lithium revilement.

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos

There are opportunities out there even relatively small outlay.

Coffee?

Kanacki

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Kanaki

As you are acquainted with the high seas you may know something about the so called 'whale vomit' or ambergris. I just came to realize recently that it is quite a valuable thing being used in perfume industry..

https://www.sciencealert.com/fisherman-have-just-found-a-us-3-million-lump-of-whale-vomit

is that something that washes up anywhere (i.e remaining intact while being washed away) or one has to lookout strictly within the vicinity of whale waters ?

It is quite a bizarre thing ...Any further insights?

TT

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Kanaki

As you are acquainted with the high seas you may know something about the so called 'whale vomit' or ambergris. I just came to realize recently that it is quite a valuable thing being used in perfume industry..

https://www.sciencealert.com/fisherman-have-just-found-a-us-3-million-lump-of-whale-vomit

is that something that washes up anywhere (i.e remaining intact while being washed away) or one has to lookout strictly within the vicinity of whale waters ?

It is quite a bizarre thing ...Any further insights?

TT

Hola TT

I have near seen ambergris although I have seen many whales at sea. Even got to see Ningaloo the famous white humpback whale. Erroneously believed to the genetic ancestor of whale that written about in Moby Dick? That book was based on a real story of a whale ship from Nantucket called Essex in 1820. In which a sperm whale rammed and sank an 87ft (26.5m) whaling ship, Essex, in the South Pacific. All 20 crew survived the sinking, but only eight made it back to the US alive after an arduous journey in which they resorted to cannibalism. that was rammed and sunk by a white whale.

The Ann Alexander was a whaling ship from New Bedford, Massachusetts. She is notable for having been rammed and sunk by a wounded sperm whale in the South Pacific on August 20, 1851, some 30 years after the famous incident in which the Essex was stove in and sunk by a whale in the same area.

Occasionally we have seen dead whales at sea but avoid them like the plague for two reasons the terrible Smell and the sharks feeding on the carcass.

Kanacki

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola TT

Whales have their own super highways depending on season. But I imagine a bit of a lottery finding some?

Kanacki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions