Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I A & John,, I am a gringo, no translation, ? ?lmost botmal ?? Will try to finish the story ---rolmab-X Border Pat

Don Jose...I remember when my parents moved us from Redondo Beach, CA to Mission, TX...All of the kids at my new school would call me gringo...And their definition of gringo was, "Where the green grass grows" as if...There were a few other things that they called me as well, those words were not at as nice though...lol

Oh well...Such is life...

Ed T

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird. What you been looking at lately? ; )

There’s only a few ways you catch viruses like that. :occasion14:

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
Hola Don José, an armchair diagnosis from thousands of miles away?
the reason that oral histories are collected from old people is that they cannot type

one sees the key but that is not what shows up on the monitor
and corrections are more difficult than the initial pass
- neurological in nature, no fix

I tried a speech recognition program but found the corrections to be far more time consuming than the initial typing, perhaps someone can recommend a better program (than Dragon)

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate the effort it takes and do look forward to more.

I remember talking with my grandparents and taking special notice of how dirty their eye glasses were. I would sometimes offer to clean their glasses and always thought it probably made a big difference in how well they could see.

It drives me nuts to have dirty glasses.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve had people tell me I should write a book because of the short stories I relay after a long weekend.
Unfortunately, I’ve forgotten many outlandish and amazing things that have happened to me and it’s not until someone says something about it, that the memory starts to come back to me. It’s probably from that time I was struck by a car doing 55mph and I lost a couple hours of my life. That’s my excuse anyway. THEM ->“Did you pick up that money you owe me?”.....ME ->“Dang it! I forgot!!...Tomorrow”. Very convenient.

I’ve noticed that when people get older, their short term memory takes a dump...but they tend to remember every detail from things that happened many years earlier.

If I ever get old, maybe this will happen to me and I will have a slew of stories to talk about ; )

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know,* after studying the big bang I seriously doubted there could be a God, but then what was there before the big bang I now have a chance to see my* Bertie again.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know,* after studying the big bang I seriously doubted there could be a God, but then what was there before the big bang I now have a chance to see my* Bertie again.

Yes there is something about gazing at the heavens that leads us to questioning our existence.
It’s an amazing thing that was created!! Both above and here on earth. Imagine what that must have looked like while it was being created.

For some reason I was thinking you were an older gentleman. Obviously an error on my part. My apologies sir.

————-
Your mule...was it a standard government issue?
I know a man develops a close relationship with his dog if he spends enough time with it. So much so that just a small gesture or look is enough to get the point across.

Horses are very much more in tune to those types of cues. Simply looking at a hip will let them know to change their gate when they are being lunged. I never knew this until my daughter got a horse...they are expecting (demanding in a sense) VERY specific cues, be it sounds, tones, looks, pressures, etc. almost like a set of invisible mechanical controls once you figure them out. I always wondered how easy things are when you spend many hours with them. So much more complicate than a dog. I want to believe they can have similar traits.

My grandmother had good tastes in books. I’ve been able to read most of them and they are all good. Numerous written from the horse’s point of view.
A good one is “Smoky The Cowhorse, by Will James”. First published in 1926 (you would have only been 4 years old at the time).

Apparently it was made into a movie, which I have not seen yet.

If you would like to read it, I found it published here free of charge. Complete with illustrations by Will James himself. You may already know, but Will was a cowboy, cattle rustler, artist, and author.

HISTORY OF WILL JAMES HERE
https://centerofthewest.org/2020/11/13/points-west-life-work-will-james/

READ THE BOOK HERE
http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks07/0700111h.html#0700111h-04

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
damn good reading IM
Did you make it to the end?
If I remember correctly, I had a bit of conflagration going on at some point during the read.

My daughter LOVES Will James books. I think he was writing from experience.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir, I agree with you and hopefully for the right reasons.
Here in the US we are in dire need of some men with natural leadership abilities and level heads.
I.E. not politicians.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that I have figured out what happened to my computer - nothing - but what did happen was that my son replac5ed my computer on the desk with a dedicated computer stand, which had a tremendous amt of slop. That coupled with my gradual slip into hand typing , together they made typing a guess what ...I believe that I can now complete the We shal see.r

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that I have figured out what happened to my computer - nothing - but what did happen was that my son replac5ed my computer on the desk with a dedicated computer stand, which had a tremendous amt of slop. That coupled with my gradual slip into hand typing , together they made typing a guess what ...I believe that I can now complete the We shal see.r

I’m glad to hear that.
What would it take to hear the next paragraph of what happened as you descended in Las Barrancas del Cobre on your perhaps not so trusty mule? ; )

Best wishes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions