Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter - Page 601
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 601 of 602 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602 LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 9019
Like Tree50466Likes

Thread: Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    it
    Sep 2016
    Mexico
    9031 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks I A & John,, I am a gringo, no translation, ? ?lmost botmal ?? Will try to finish the story ---rolmab-X Border Pat
    Last edited by Real of Tayopa; Nov 14, 2020 at 02:05 PM.
    JohnWhite and coazon de oro like this.

Aug 2017
    938 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Real of Tayopa View Post
    Thanks I A & John,, I am a gringo, no translation, ? ?lmost botmal ?? Will try to finish the story ---rolmab-X Border Pat
    Don Jose...I remember when my parents moved us from Redondo Beach, CA to Mission, TX...All of the kids at my new school would call me gringo...And their definition of gringo was, "Where the green grass grows" as if...There were a few other things that they called me as well, those words were not at as nice though...lol

Oh well...Such is life...

Ed T

Mar 2016
    5080 times
    Weird. What you been looking at lately? ; )

There’s only a few ways you catch viruses like that.
    coazon de oro likes this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

it
    Sep 2016
    Mexico
    9031 times
    nah, no potno sites ( 7 min to type )

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    2762 times
    Hola Don Josť, an armchair diagnosis from thousands of miles away?
    the reason that oral histories are collected from old people is that they cannot type

one sees the key but that is not what shows up on the monitor
    and corrections are more difficult than the initial pass
    - neurological in nature, no fix

I tried a speech recognition program but found the corrections to be far more time consuming than the initial typing, perhaps someone can recommend a better program (than Dragon)

it
    Sep 2016
    Mexico
    9031 times
    go BH, I sedonf that
    BillA and coazon de oro like this.

Mar 2016
    5080 times
    Appreciate the effort it takes and do look forward to more.

I remember talking with my grandparents and taking special notice of how dirty their eye glasses were. I would sometimes offer to clean their glasses and always thought it probably made a big difference in how well they could see.

It drives me nuts to have dirty glasses.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Nov 16, 2020 at 12:20 PM.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

it
    Sep 2016
    Mexico
    9031 times
    IM, sparkgly clean
    Last edited by Real of Tayopa; Nov 16, 2020 at 08:45 PM.

it
    Sep 2016
    Mexico
    9031 times
    BITH I am intrested, Tell me more Sounds familar

Mar 2016
    5080 times
    I’ve had people tell me I should write a book because of the short stories I relay after a long weekend.
    Unfortunately, I’ve forgotten many outlandish and amazing things that have happened to me and it’s not until someone says something about it, that the memory starts to come back to me. It’s probably from that time I was struck by a car doing 55mph and I lost a couple hours of my life. That’s my excuse anyway. THEM ->“Did you pick up that money you owe me?”.....ME ->“Dang it! I forgot!!...Tomorrow”. Very convenient.

I’ve noticed that when people get older, their short term memory takes a dump...but they tend to remember every detail from things that happened many years earlier.

If I ever get old, maybe this will happen to me and I will have a slew of stories to talk about ; )

it
    Sep 2016
    Mexico
    9031 times
    IM, that's part of ny problem, but I'm not old, Only 98 sniff
    BillA and coazon de oro like this.

it
    Sep 2016
    Mexico
    9031 times
    You know,* after studying the big bang I seriously doubted there could be a God, but then what was there before the big bang I now have a chance to see my* Bertie again.

Mar 2016
    5080 times
    You know,* after studying the big bang I seriously doubted there could be a God, but then what was there before the big bang I now have a chance to see my* Bertie again.
    Yes there is something about gazing at the heavens that leads us to questioning our existence.
    It’s an amazing thing that was created!! Both above and here on earth. Imagine what that must have looked like while it was being created.

For some reason I was thinking you were an older gentleman. Obviously an error on my part. My apologies sir.

————-
    Your mule...was it a standard government issue?
    I know a man develops a close relationship with his dog if he spends enough time with it. So much so that just a small gesture or look is enough to get the point across.

Horses are very much more in tune to those types of cues. Simply looking at a hip will let them know to change their gate when they are being lunged. I never knew this until my daughter got a horse...they are expecting (demanding in a sense) VERY specific cues, be it sounds, tones, looks, pressures, etc. almost like a set of invisible mechanical controls once you figure them out. I always wondered how easy things are when you spend many hours with them. So much more complicate than a dog. I want to believe they can have similar traits.

My grandmother had good tastes in books. I’ve been able to read most of them and they are all good. Numerous written from the horse’s point of view.
    A good one is “Smoky The Cowhorse, by Will James”. First published in 1926 (you would have only been 4 years old at the time).

Apparently it was made into a movie, which I have not seen yet.

If you would like to read it, I found it published here free of charge. Complete with illustrations by Will James himself. You may already know, but Will was a cowboy, cattle rustler, artist, and author.

HISTORY OF WILL JAMES HERE
    https://centerofthewest.org/2020/11/...rk-will-james/

READ THE BOOK HERE
    http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks07/070...ml#0700111h-04
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Nov 19, 2020 at 10:51 PM.

it
    Sep 2016
    Mexico
    9031 times
    damn good reading IM

Mar 2016
    5080 times
    damn good reading IM
    Did you make it to the end?
    If I remember correctly, I had a bit of conflagration going on at some point during the read.

My daughter LOVES Will James books. I think he was writing from experience.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links