PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DON JOSE..... YOU KEEP SAYING THAT YOU HAVE A HARD TIME WRITING; AND YET , YOU WRITE SO WELL. YOU PAINT A VIVID PICTURE WITH SO FEW WORDS.
THESE ARE THE STORIES THAT WE WAIT AND WATCH FOR.
YOU SHOULD TITLE YOUR BOOK."PIECES OF MY LIFE".

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THAT.

:coffee2::coffee2::notworthy::coffee2:

MIKEL
#/;0)~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANOTHER DISCOVERY FOUND IN THE PHOTOGRAPHS

AS I GO THRU THE PHOTOS ON A REGULAR BASIS, I HAVE DISCOVERED MANY THINGS THAT I MISSED.
YOU HAVE PROBABLY SEEN THE SKULL AT THE TOP OF THE BLUFF, BUT I NOTICED ANOTHER SKULL IN A SMALL " BEAR WALLOW." IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS JUST A LIGHTLY WHITENED AREA, UNTIL YOU LOOK CLOSELY. BEHIND THE SKULL IS AN ARROW POINTING DOWN AND TO THE RIGHT AND AT THE TOP LEFT THERE APPEARS TO BE A HANDLE OF A SHOVEL.
I MAY BE CHASING BUTTERFLIES AGAIN, BUT THIS ONE JUMPED OUT AT ME.

:find:

kingmine1 016.1.png

YOU MAY REMEMBER THIS FELLOW. DOWN THE HILL, A FEW HUNDRED FEET IS THE OLD BEAR WALLOW CAVE.
IT ISN'T VERY DEEP BUT I DID TAKE A PHOTO WHILE I WAS IN IT.

kingmine1 015.jpg

YOU MUST LOOK VERY CLOSELY AT THE BACK WALL TO SEE IT.
IT IS NO WONDER THAT I HAVE NOT SEEN IT BEFORE.

#/;0)~

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 43 on my second period in the Pacific, they sent me to the seaplane over haul base at Ile Nou, in New Caledonia,

It also happened to be the fleet storage dump for the Pacific. They were hauling away shiploads of municitions and simply dumping them at sea, they claimed that it was far simpler and cheaper than trying to forward it.

As a result I had access o almost unlimited amounts of munitions,and the ability to use overhauled PBY's for my personal benefit. Every day I would have a seamen load up ...30 and 45amo by the box which I would take to the firing range at the end of the Island and fire away to my hearts content. with machine guns. All by myself.

My favorites were the lil twin 30s and the old Lewis machine guns, the one with the drum on top. . in between times when ever I heard that a PBY was scheduled for engine run in time I would have them load it with !00 water filled bombs .and would schedule a flight over the numerous ship wrecks of the ships that ther captains thought too much of their navigational abiity and had run aground on the coral reefs.

I never used hi explosives on the ships since occasionally the natives would use them for camping and fishing purposes.

That is where I earned My master Horizontal Bombardier - 11 mil average = 11 ft pr 1000.ft of altitude

For a gun nut like me, it complimented my training on interior and exterior ballistics

This is how I spent the rest of 43, then it was off to the phillipines.l

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
That sheds a bit more light on yer paid shooting/target, practice/hobby... :laughing7: :fish:
:cross:

Probly spent more than a tank weight, copper, lead, brass...

That would give a good opportunity to improve marksmanship,
but old machine guns, how fun, got ready for the next theatre... 8-) :thumbsup: :find: :skullflag: :metaldetector:

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'M BEGINNING TO SEE HOW YOU HAVE HELD ON TO GOOD HEALTH AND ZEST FOR THE UNKNOWN.

YOU KNOW HOW TO RELAX!

:coffee2::hello2::coffee2::thumbsup:

#/;0)~

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

[h=2]Brain to brain cuminication[/h]

Joseph Curry

12:38 PM

[h=1]So We now have wired communication, now we can go for wireless, then acceptance of natural telepathy which I showed existed 70 years ago with Bunny.[/h]

################################################################

[h=1]Miguel Nicolelis: Brain-to-brain communication has arrived. How we did it[/h]
18:57 minutes · Filmed Oct 2014 · Posted Jan 2015 · TEDGlobal 2014
You may remember neuroscientist Miguel Nicolelis — he built the brain-controlled exoskeleton that allowed a paralyzed man to kick the first ball of the 2014 World Cup. What’s he working on now? Building ways for two minds (rats and monkeys, for now) to send messages brain to brain. Watch to the end for an experiment that, as he says, will go to "the limit of your imagination."

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
AS I GO THRU THE PHOTOS ON A REGULAR BASIS, I HAVE DISCOVERED MANY THINGS THAT I MISSED.
YOU HAVE PROBABLY SEEN THE SKULL AT THE TOP OF THE BLUFF, BUT I NOTICED ANOTHER SKULL IN A SMALL " BEAR WALLOW." IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS JUST A LIGHTLY WHITENED AREA, UNTIL YOU LOOK CLOSELY. BEHIND THE SKULL IS AN ARROW POINTING DOWN AND TO THE RIGHT AND AT THE TOP LEFT THERE APPEARS TO BE A HANDLE OF A SHOVEL.
I MAY BE CHASING BUTTERFLIES AGAIN, BUT THIS ONE JUMPED OUT AT ME.

View attachment 1121044

YOU MAY REMEMBER THIS FELLOW. DOWN THE HILL, A FEW HUNDRED FEET IS THE OLD BEAR WALLOW CAVE.
IT ISN'T VERY DEEP BUT I DID TAKE A PHOTO WHILE I WAS IN IT.

View attachment 1121055

YOU MUST LOOK VERY CLOSELY AT THE BACK WALL TO SEE IT.
IT IS NO WONDER THAT I HAVE NOT SEEN IT BEFORE.

#/;0)~

Yes, now that you mention it, not all natural, an repeated, cool... 8-) :fish:
:cross:

AuTSaurus

Feb 22, 2007
So. Ca.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Goldbug2, Fisher CZ, White's Goldmaster, Vallon
twas my pleasure Greg. Buenas tardes Esmeralda "Good afternoon".

You going to testify before Congress on the Immigration reform ??

Hi, Real. No, I won't be testifying. I really believe that they are just "going through the motions, for appearances sake", when they have those hearings anymore. I think (just my opinion) that if they were really concerned about the things that they conduct hearings over, they would be more decisive and pro-active in their actions to "correct" or "right" whatever the current problem is,
instead of hours or days to discuss things, or have people recite the mantra "not to my recollection". Whoa! I'm off the soapbox, lol!

Esmeralda says "Igual mente, Senor!"

Greg

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Esmeralda, Greg. friends nother mule story.

good morning your remark on saddle horns/ mulestriggered a curious memory. On one occasion I had to rent a mule at Chinapas, Chih. He was a big white one and was accustomed to being rented to different grades of riders, some competent, others --sigh..

I had no spurs, but being spoiled by my Pinta, thought that I didn't need any - big mistake no. one. Well I managed to get an early start and could plainly see that he wasn't too happy about the idea. Everything went normal for about 3 hrs, we had climbed steadily up out of the flatlands of Chinapas and had finally reached the crest where I stopped to allow him to rest for a bit.

The view was beautiful, I could look out over hundreds of sq miles with a few scattered Indian ranches, but with no other signs of man. A small mesquite tree cast a long shadow, which felt nicely cool. I decided to eat some of my tortillas with beans and chilis while we (he) rested. I offered some to him, minus the chilis of course, He seemed to enjoy them. I thought "this is going to be a nice, relaxed, companionable trip together. I noticed that he kept eyeing the small Mesquite tree , which was curious, but I thought no further of it.

I then saddled him up, got seated, and indicated "let's get moving thata way". He simply stood there with his ears back and his eyes rolled back watching me as well as he could.. hmm. I then gently nudged him with my heels to go, he simply backed up a few steps. I repeated the nudging and he repeated his backing up a few steps?

This went on a few times, always backing up towards the Mesquite tree. I finally, out of patience, gave him a good nudging with my heels and he once more backed up, I suddenly found myself bent over the saddle horn. The mesquite tree had a low hanging branch, and he had deliberately backed into it, which upon striking my back had forced me over the saddle horn..

I was actually trapped, since the saddle horn was pushing into my tummy enough so that I couldn't simply slide out. hmmmm The cottin picking mule had deliberately planned this. To be sure, I 'gently' nudged him again, he moved even further back, I could hardly breathe. Now what?

He rolled his eye back at me to see what I would do now. We simply gazed at each other for a few minutes, then I suddenly had an idea. This was the pass out his home, if he went beyond this point, it meant that he wasn't going to be home for a while. To test this idea, I changed the rein pressure to home direction, he relaxed the pressure quite a bit letting me breathe more easily, so I decided that this was the key.

I decided to "go for broke", and turning him towards home I gave him a big kick. He shot out from under the mesquite branch headed for home. However, his mistake was that he wasn't accustomed to OIRISH riders, so as he happily stormed home I put him into circles, and after several, I headed him in MY direction, he hesitated a bit, sorta shrugged his shoulder and away we went - in my direction..

I never had any further trouble from him, especially when I constructed simple wishbone spurs out two tree forks directly in front of him, which he watched very interestedly. It was obvious that he knew precisely what I was doing. ©@

I often wondered if I shouldn't have used the same technique in my marriage ?? Hmm then again did she-----?

sigh

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RELEVANT CHAIR, DID YOU GET THE TRAIL-SIDE SERVICE PLAN WITH THE INSURANCE???
LOOKS LIKE YOU MIGHT NEED IT...

#/;0)~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DON JOSE,
YOUR STORY REMINDED ME OF ONE I HEARD A LONG TIME AGO, ABOUT MARRIAGE.

AN OLDER MAN WAS ASKED HOW HE HAD BEEN MARRIED FOR SO LONG TO HIS FIRST WIFE. HE SAID THAT THEY DID NOT ARGUE. OTHER THAN ONE MISUNDERSTANDING, WHEN THEY WERE FIRST WED AND WERE ON THEIR WAY TO THEIR NEW HOME, THE HORSE STUMBLED AND HE WAITED FOR HIM TO GET UP. THEN HE SAID TO THE HORSE," THAT'S ONE. THEY WENT ON THEIR WAY AND AFTER SEVERAL MILES THE HORSE AGAIN STUMBLED, AND HE WAITED FOR THE HORSE TO STAND BACK UP AND HE SAID AGAIN "THAT'S TWO." THEY WENT A FEW MILES FARTHER AND THE HORSE STUMBLED AGAIN. HE PULLED HIS RIFLE FROM UNDER THE SEAT, GOT DOWN TO THE NOW STANDING HORSE AND SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD.....

HIS WIFE BEGAN TO SCREAM AT HIM AS TO WHETHER HE HAD LOST HIS MIND TO KILL THE ONLY HORSE THAT THEY HAD, IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. NOW THEY WERE STUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AND WITHOUT A WAY TO GET TO THEIR NEW HOME! SHE PAUSED TO TAKE ANOTHER BREATH AND HE CALMLY LOOKED AT HER AND SAID,"THAT'S ONE.

HE TOLD THEM THAT WAS THE ONLY MISUNDERSTANDING THAT THEY EVER HAD.

#/;0)~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread