Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow:
Regarding the red haired giants here in north western Mexico, I have seen evidence personally, they do/did exist. also the diminutive people.

My first contact was about 1955 when I had walked to Chinapas in Southern Chihuahua from Alamos in Sonora, some 55 miles over a mountain range.. I was treated as the guest of honor in Chinapas since they had had no foreign visitors for some years, as a result they opened up their store of stories, from lost treasures to legends. Later the same thing happened while I was living with the Yaqui's. I seem to have a report with the natives, a confidence that I have worked hard to never betray.

The first reference to the giants came when one of the local Indians, knowing of my interest in History etc , took me to see the Cave with the inscriptions., "The Painted Cave'.

We left early one morning afoot and climbed steadily for hours until we finally reached a large sloughed off part of the cliff, almost at the crest. It was perhaps 25-30 ft high and 60- 70 ft long. It was literally covered with drawings with iron oxide making a reddish paint.

It actually ran from left to right starting at the top and working it's way down. They must have erected some form of scaffolding to work the upper parts. I questioned my guide as to who had done this, he merely shrugged and said "The old ones".

Whoever had done it had duplicated life size the foot prints of every living creature of the region. There were human foot prints, deer, mice, etc. . but what impressed me most was the print of a human foot, perhaps 20 - 24 " long in perfect detail. I asked him why were they soo big, he replied "that was their size".

When we returned to Chinipas, I commenced to question different people about these giant foot prints. One gentleman told me that the last one had been killed about 1900. His father had killed him when he encountered the giant on his land. I asked him "Why"?, he merely shrugged and said "it seemed right at the time.". sheesh.

later, back in Alamos, a schoolteacher in Camotes, a small village nearby, sent for Me to go see the skull of a giant. Naturally I went. He had the skull on top of a table in his dinning room, along with a femur. Frankly I do not remember the exact details now, but it was approximately 1/3 + larger than a normal human skull. The femur was about the same in length. Crude estimates would place this giant at around 9-10 tall.the skull was still covered with wisps of reddish hair.

He told me that it had come from the giants' burial caves in the nearby "Cerro de La Campana", the bell hill. It lay approx, a days ride by mule north east in view. but he couldn't go just then. Before we managed to get together he was transferred to Mexico city.

I have always intended to go investigate, but something always took precedence. sniff.

Up at Tayopa one of the local; Indians found a sealed cave. He opened it with expectations of having found a treasure site, but only found two giants wrapped in woven cloth. He was so disgusted that he threw them down the face of the diff. I told him to go retrieve them and that I would pay him good money for them. However, when he went, he could not find them. i told him that he had probably destroyed a true treasure in both $ and history He has since passed the word around to take care of any future finds and report them to me...

I also had contact with the small people, which i will talk about tomorrow..

Hello Don Jose interesting story.

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Don amigo even ratty old Crow is impressed.:thumbsup:

Crow

Crow your always impressed if it is a beer and broad at the end of it.:laughing7:

You coming up to my island in July? You have face your future in laws some time.:laughing7:

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP :coffee2: :coffee2:, The colony that I remarked on, used th cerro de La Campana as their burial cave

The little onse were encountered on the Gloria Pan search They were on top of the Mesa, a difficult climb.

The ruins of their casas were still fairly intact when I was last there. A normal sized man could place his arm on top
of the roofs.

This is also where i encountered the giant aquatic serpent while swimming across the rio fuerte. I never swam nude after that . :laughing7:

Hello Don Jose I think I was shown some picture of the place you mention. The small houses was built into the cliff face?

Kanacki

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Kanacki, surely you would agree that it is testimony to Señor Crow's good judgment being impressed with cerveza y las senoritas bonitas. What could ever go wrong with that combo?
Hmmm, not met the future in-laws yet…….sounds like a story our black feathered one needs to share with us……….and he still has not shared fully the story of the love boat……
Seems like our beloved Senoritas Mastiff y JudyH may need to pay a visit to Señor Crow with sharpened saber and plank…..
Vaya con Dios

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Senor Kanacki, surely you would agree that it is testimony to Señor Crow's good judgment being impressed with cerveza y las senoritas bonitas. What could ever go wrong with that combo?
Hmmm, not met the future in-laws yet…….sounds like a story our black feathered one needs to share with us……….and he still has not shared fully the story of the love boat……
Seems like our beloved Senoritas Mastiff y JudyH may need to pay a visit to Señor Crow with sharpened saber and plank…..
Vaya con Dios

Hello Doc-d, the time will come my friend on my terms. I am a much wanted commodity these days as my better half knew from the start that there is more to this raggedy old crow than meets the eye, than just a fun loving happy go lucky beach bum. Kanacki is much esteemed on his island is a little bumbed as he had some explaining to do. but hey what are mates for? And hey its way of the tropical tramp of the cannibal seas:laughing7:

You may need to ask Kanacki of infamous lounge incident in Madang.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gracias Senor Crow…….
Senor Kanacki, what about this infamous lounge incident in Madang?

Senor Crow, we still wait for the stories of the love boat genesis of a new crow and the long awaited meeting with the soon to be in-laws…….

You both do not want to face those bonita, but dangerous senoritas Mastiff y JudyH…….

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gracias Senor Crow…….
Senor Kanacki, what about this infamous lounge incident in Madang?

Senor Crow, we still wait for the stories of the love boat genesis of a new crow and the long awaited meeting with the soon to be in-laws…….

You both do not want to face those bonita, but dangerous senoritas Mastiff y JudyH…….

Gee that is going back many years now.From another time and place. A world before people self immersed themselves in internet or tablets as they do today. Either cards Drinking and the odd prank. Boredom living in compounds in mining camps in jungle and faraway places can to a strange malady that happens to mining crews living together for long periods of time. you have to get used to people annoying little habits just as they to yours. Crow had been going through a practical joke phase in which he pulled on some classic delightful funny evil practical jokes. In fact at one time or another he got everyone. In fact even some of his bosses. So there came A time a few of the crew and bosses collectively got together and hatched their evil little plan.

One thing about Crow when he goes to sleep he dies like turning a switch off. I have never seen anyone like it, However he snores very badly and it drives you crazy. Anyone who has the greatest misfortune to share a room with him or near his room for that manner. In fact it created a neuroses among the crews desperate to win the race to get to sleep before he does because you have no chance in hell. If he goes to sleep before you does. in fact old Crow my friends, drove people to drink in hope of passing out before he does. Well Crow had been strutting around for weeks savoring in his mischievous practical jokes striking victim after victim off his list.

Hardluck came up with a little beauty. And Crow the Wiley old bird thinking he was too smart took the bait hook line and sinker. Our boss Richo after a long stint out in the mountains offered a free drinks to the Crew on the bar at the Madang social club. Of course free beer was the bait and Old Crow drank up with gusto. Well late in the early hours Crow fell into his sleep a old lounge on veranda of house we stayed in at Madang. A couple of the Crew who all had conspired to to do the deed, all had been victims of Crows high jinks. They stripped him to his birthday suit while he slept and carried the lounge in early hours of the morning down into the main street of Madang and left him and lounge there. Old Crow was awaken by the honks of horns of cars, by early morning as it was market day with crowd of people walking around laughing at this totally confused naked white fella.

Crow arrived for a late break feast in a potato sack. Man he was dirty with us.. He go to say some thing then go quiet.. The devil my friend knew he had been beat...And there was no comeback.

We still laugh about it around the bar of shame every now and again.

Kanacki

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Damned hysterical! I'm sitting here eating my breakfast with my wife and infant daughter who are both staring at me confused as to why I've just almost spit my orange juice out of my nose because I'm laughing so hard! How funny it would have been to be sitting there the very second he opened his eyes that morning!!
Cheers-
J.A.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Damned hysterical! I'm sitting here eating my breakfast with my wife and infant daughter who are both staring at me confused as to why I've just almost spit my orange juice out of my nose because I'm laughing so hard! How funny it would have been to be sitting there the very second he opened his eyes that morning!!
Cheers-
J.A.

J.A.A Yeah they got me and got me good! I thought I was dreaming at first when I awoke. See what an evil bunch of misfits I hang around.

Crow

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLEASE can we not, only kidding, would like to hear more so I can catch up while I have my morning :coffee2: np:cat:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers-
J.A.

Hola J.A.A My apologies my little yarn about Crows come comeuppance was never intended to wash your nose out with orange juice. careful what you read my friend. Of course there was several casualties at breakfast too from belly laughing so hard when we saw Crow in a potato sack.... If only you tube existed back then.

Kanacki

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A sight to behold……..but my guess is our black feathered one did not let this end there…….
Truly we reap what we sow……..

Vaya con Dios
Viva Christo Rey

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Doc-D he might be a little bird but he has broad shoulders.

Kanacki

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT LOOKS LIKE THE FICTIONAL YARNS, CANNOT HOLD THEIR OWN WITH THE TRUE TALES FROM THE OLD TIMER'S TRUE LIVES.
YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP.

THANKS FOR SHARING SUCH A TALE.

#/;0)~
:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
g'morning Dust: Drnk yer coffee and stop oggling my maid.
I have to redo the picturs, but I will have to trick the camera, it insists in focusing on the background. However here are a few backgroud pictures of the area. What is your opinion on on the potentials?

Don Jose de La Mancha
Ok Don Jose.. now the 1st picture is gorgeous ... volcanic/ earthquake mix/lift and a ton of erosion to cut thru the levels, Id love to hike that (would take me a month tho, because of the constant stop pick up a rock and observe the strata and mineralogy) lol... but i digress! (yes great spot to go look)...

As for the second one the rock in it is interesting... good that the file was that large.. i got to zoom in...
I would say its Welded rhyolitic tuff, irregularly shaped glass shards are still relatively unreformed. Also note the phenocrysts of quartz (clear) and biotite (dark red) I would say when closely observed (cut) it would look similar to
The sample i posted was from a large silver mine in southern Nevada...
I would love to get some pictures of heavier mineralization... look in a spot that looks like this

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread