All Treasure Hunting
Gustavo clarify please. Is this what you have

? .Dobie's.jpg

Gustavo

May 5, 2017
obregon sonora
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for sponsor to finish the excavation, do you know anyone who can sponsor us? All the documents that were in the church and the gold of the mines of tayopa transferred them to the site that we have.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well you know me --my friends are my friends and my foes ..who knows where their buried?...

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for sponsor to finish the excavation, do you know anyone who can sponsor us? All the documents that were in the church and the gold of the mines of tayopa transferred them to the site that we have.

You won't find any sponsors anywhere without more specific information and/or proof.

JB

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
What halls (where documents were found) would you be talking about Gustavo? Are you certain it's the legendary Tayopa that our esteemed Don Jose has had rights to, or could it be one of what I'm certain has to be several other "mines" (read: Caches) in the area?
Thank you in advance.

All the best-
Justin

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who needs sponsors Shortfinger? It seems that people are still trying to talk people into revealing more than they should Gustavo. If you believe that you have found Tayopa, you don't need to prove it to anyone other than your self. There once was a time when I too sought confirmation from others for something that I was not sure of. Oh how I have learned. You are the only one that you need to prove anything to Gustavo. Heck... I decided to return to this place just for a chuckle or two. Long long ago I used the screen name Ed T to mess with peoples heads. I have learned a lot from these people who try to bait newbies into revealing more than they should. Oh well. I don't mind what people really think about me. I could care less what others think of me. I know that they may never experience some of the things that I have nor will they ever see what I have seen with my own eyes. Be happy with what you know Gustavo. Trust no one. Treasure hunters are a bunch of low lives that would sell their own mothers to find their next treasure. Good luck Gustavo. :) Oh...And for the record...I believe that my year time out has long since come and gone... John White

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola, I am going to begin reposting some of my posts in the past for our newer members. Certain stories will not be repeated because they are reserved for the book.

Good evening my friends: regarding bells, one of the accompanying stories of Tayopa is that one of the resident Jesuits of Tayopa cast bells. This would be in the late 1500's -> early 1600's.

Aprox. 15 miles to the north of Tayopa, on the same mt range / Mesa, lies the area known as "La Mesa del campanero.- The Mesa of the Bell maker". There are bits of copper slag to be found here and there. Some day I will run down the source of the copper and the other metals used in the bell alloy.

I originally started looking for Tayopa upon hearing, but not personally seeing, that Yeager, an American mining engineer, had purchased a small hand bell with "Guadalupe de Tayopa "cast on it's rim shortly before dying.. All attempts to locate it were in vain, it had been sent to relatives in Los Angles along with his other personal effects. There the trail seems to have died, I did not pursue it since it had served it's purpose of establishing that Tayopa had existed..

Later while on the trail to a sister lost mine "The Gloria Pan" I ended up at Tubares. The mission had been abandoned, there was no one within miles, but the Church itself was basically intact. It had a brass baptismal bowl with the lid hinged in the center of a brass alloy, approx 4 ft in diameter.

In the tower, which was separate from the main building, there were 24 small bells. Upon investigating I found two large bells crudely hung at the entrance to the grave yard. approx 200 meters away. They were similar, about 4 ft in dia at the rim.

I do not remember exactly what was cast on the rims, but one was "In penitence", and the name of a woman with 17?? The other was in the name of a man.

I later was told by a passing Indian that the original church had been destroyed when the river changed it's course. He also told me that another large bell was in the river bed buried in the sand.

At that time I was completely alone except for my mule for almost two weeks. Now it has a road and an Indian village there.

If I can ever find it in my notes, I will post the data and pictures. There are many blank sections of "Bell casting in the Americas".

Don Jose de La Mancha

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc, your guess is as good,or better, than mine. incidentally, that last post was supposed to be in the adventures section, not here.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Maury Povich and Don Jose book.png Yoda and unfinished book.png
Sorry Don Jose, I could not resist. Blame it on the sock coffee if you must.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone know how this ended?

Gidday Amigo

Our esteemed friend amigo sadly passed away a few months ago. He had live a long and fruitful life. But sadly he was never able to develop anything from his discovery. The book for Don Jose was always a secondary by product of his ultimate goal and that was to develop his site into a productive mining site.

Sadly it reminder for us all some things can be very elusive to achieve even with the most ardent of seekers.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread