Status On TAYOPA

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
I knew Milton personally. He really didn't make his living by writing treasure hunting stories and articles.Yes, he embellished his treasure stories, but I think that many on this board that did not know him have a warped idea of the man. Like the rest of us, his opinions were not always right.

I had some long discussions with him over many years about topics in which we both had interests.

What do I know about Matape? Not a whole lot. It was sort of a Jesuit HQ. They had a school there. It was not located in an area central to missions. I would have thought that a better location would have been nearer the coast, or near some of the larger missions. The area is near both mountain resources and agricultural lands. Established in 1629, it may have started with the intent of training indians to be church leaders in their own villages. It also served as a trading center. There are some that believe that it was a bank for the Sonoran missions. Quien sabe?

I just thought you might have something to contribute to this branch of the "grasshopper library."

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morming igadbois: Cafe?? I had forgotten about this discussion on Matape amd Milton, Apologies for the tarde post. In no way am I desparaging Milton, only mentioning that he, like we, had to make a living. On his story of Tayopa, he did use his imagination quite a bit, never the less, I thoroughly enjoyed reading his version on it. I only wish that he had written more.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro Dog: You posted --> Remember, that those that feel they have been " Guided " will not be abandoned, a slight detour will be provided

Fasciating words since I have just been informed that I possibly still own Tayopa due to an administative over sight, but I do owe taxes from 2006 on. So much for that new lear jet hehehhehe.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello old friend.
I hope you are well and I hope things work out for you RT.
God bless and have a great day!!

OKIE

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm. Could paying the kings fifth be the final hurdle it would be great. Tilt away Don Jose!

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
Been a long time since I passed this way, hola amigos, what ever became of our ole friend Oro???

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning my friend pronghorn. :coffee2: Coffee? They have safely returned from their trip and are now bk home. Do you want their em address?

They haven't been posting for quite a bit, perhaps together, we can coax them to come back on line.

Jose

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'afternoon Mc4500. Of course, which do you want?

Don Jose de La Mancha Adobes Tayopa map.jpg old Map for Seldom.jpg

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
Both if possible - in hi Res. Or either one! Do you have any that are translated? Have you seen something like the pic before?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130508_120731.png
    ForumRunner_20130508_120731.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 190
  • ForumRunner_20130508_120808.png
    ForumRunner_20130508_120808.png
    180.4 KB · Views: 183
OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
g'afternoon Mc4500 : You asked if I had any clear maps to Tayopa, I posted two, both are correct, the first is perhaps 85 + % correct, easily readable, the second has even more detail, but isn't of any real value 'until' you find Tayopa.

Will translate the first if you wish, but why?

As for figures such as you have posted, no, with the exception of a bais relief, shadow skull, only visible on a few days a year. It requires the morning sunlight to be in a certain angle. The mouth is a small, but wide, cave perhaps 6 ft high x 20'wide, x 30 ft .cave.

Also 2 suns & the picture map in the shallow cave.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
Actually the second might be a bit more helpful! I am trying to research a site I believe to be of Jesuit origin in the chiracaua mountains. I have both of those maps but when I zoom in on them it is really blurry.

Mc4500

Mar 7, 2013
Arizona
And I don't understand what you are saying about the pics I posted! Have you seen something like them before?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MC4500, I see your new here, I suggest you take the times to read our rules, there is a link in my signature..... Your post violated our rules....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning....Threatening members with violence will earn long times outs if not outright bans....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread