a tale or 2 regarding Tayopa, from the village of Guadalupe

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is courtasy of Ruggles,two women, looking for their milk cows,on a nearby red mountain,encountered a rain storm, took refuage under a cliff, when the rain let up,they started back to the village and decided to gather some firewood to take with them, when they came to a crack in the ground,larger than a horse, looking down in the crack they saw a "iron door".They reached the top of the door,but could not budge it .Another villager says the original Church of Tayopa is under the new chapel in Guadalupe.And supposidly there is a ranch in the area called what else Tayopa, where the rancher and his family take gold from a underground depository,of course from beneath there chapel,when they need it. One would come to the conclusion,there are quite a few lost rich depositorys of antiqua Spanish gold/silver/copper diggings,spread out over a arge area.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning 6, coffee? I believe that I posted about that occurance here some time ago. The hidden door lies approx. one day by mule east of Tayopa itself. It was when I posted about curing an indian and his wife and they told me where it was in thanks.

She said that one of her past family had been ordered by the Jesuits of Tayopa to excavate a tunnel in the small hill that lies East of the ranch. It has a steep slope on the East side, so he had to dig in for several meters to reach the center of the hill, then go north / south. she said that the Jesuits commenced to send down metal from Tayopa which they stored in the tunnel. Then one day They appeared with two metal doors which they installed.

They then commenced to periodically send down metal which the Jesuit Adjuctor would record, store for the night, then send on the next day to the next Capilla on the long road to Rome.

One day they came down very agitated, placed many bars, as well as many rolls of archives in the tunnel, caved several meters of dirt over the mouth of the tunnel hiding it, then told him,. "We have to leave for a while. You will be in charge here until we return.

She said "Don Jose, it has been so long, that I simply do not believe that they will return, so this is my gift to you for helping us".

So there it sits, I am just too busy to go after it with my present resources, but later ??? see crude map.

Now that you have your feet wet, post away my friend. an excellent start.

Don Jose de La Mancha

.Metal door frrm Dobie's story of Tayopa. ©@®.jpg

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well RDT,I have read many tales about old mexico of late,and believe most of them have merit, includeing the one about a underground Aztec city fairly intact on the very far outreaches of Mexico city.If this is true,than maybe this is where The Aztecs hid there most prized possessions from the Spanish invaders.Perhaps the Aztecs had built citys both above and below ground. The pyramids at one time may have had underground pathways to underground citys,much like we have subways today,that were connected to more outlaying pyramids. Who knows,I dont.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

I doubt the Aztecs were able to build underground cities. Too much water in that era. Even today, I believe they get close to 30" of rain. Water table was pretty shallow, I imagine.

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a-the pyramids in my professional view were built thousands of years before the Aztecees arrived.
b-The aztecees had extremely low IQ"s, coupled with low self estteeem.
c-proof of this is, the ceramonies they engaged in,like ripping out hearts,and chopping off heads,probably sexual abuse to the extreme.
d-The persons who built the pyramids,were very advanced, they would have never let the Spanish kick their ass and rip off their society, as their IQ"s compared to us today were off the charts,extreme..
e-When the aztecs arrived their were most likely a few original inhabs, left, who immediately took control and used the aztecs as slaves.
f-Weather did not play a part,the proof of this is the fact the pyramids and other structures,above and under ground, were built in the first place.
g-Its obivous two cultures lived together the Aztecs were 1, but who was the other ?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

It's obvious you've given this subject some serious research and thought. Perhaps we have read some of the same books on the Aztec culture and history. Can you name a few books that helped you form your opinions?

Many thanks,

Joe

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

"Its obivous two cultures lived together the Aztecs were 1, but who was the other ?"

I assume your mean the Toltecs, but there were other people living in the area before the Aztec arrived. It would seem that you are trying to judge the Aztec using 2012 thinking. In that regard, you have misjudged their intelligence and abilities.

A good book to read for a better understanding of Aztec history is, "The Aztecs" by, Professor Michael E. Smith.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cactus, I no longer have those books, I reall 1 book showing some Aztec cultural items and they were very crude in their design and useability.

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactus, would you care to enlighten us on your intelligent/ability statement,concerning the Aztecs.
Would you also tell us who you think built the Mexican pyramids,as always thanks in advance.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Wow! That's a tall order.

For a cheap shortcut, you can visit these sites:

Aztec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Aztecs/Mexicas

Aztec History

History of Mexico - The Aztec Empire

Now those are just a few of the many sites where you can learn about the Aztec. On the other hand, if you live near a really good library, you could check out a few of these books, which I have on my bookshelves:

"Cave, City, and Eagle's Nest" Edited by David Carrasco and Scott Sessions.

"Pyramids of the New World" by Gordon C. Baldwin.

"War and Society in Ancient Mesoamerica" by Ross Hassig.

"The Broken Spears: The Aztec Account of the Conquest of Mexico" edited by Miguel Leon-Portilla.

"Indian Conquistadors: Indigenous Allies in the Conquest of Mesoamerica" edited by Laural E. Matthew and Michel R. Oudijk.

"The Discovery and Conquest of Mexico" by Bernal Diaz del Castillo.

"Ally of Cortes" by Fernando de Alva Ixtlilxochitl.

"Aztec Of Mexico" by George C. Vaillant.

The Aztecs" by Michael E. Smith, who I have mentioned earlier.

Those are just a few of the books that are available for anyone wanting to learn about the Aztecs. It's enough to give you the ability to debate with anyone on the subject.

While the Aztec were a "bloodthirsty" warrior society, the Conquistadors were no angels. Other than that, what you have said about them is untrue.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions