Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tayopa/Topira/Topia

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2010

Tayopa/Topira/Topia

There is an old saying never be so sure of your self that you do not at least stop to listen to what the other person may have to say.
    So, here is what I have found out!
    From records or letters by Friar Marcos de Niza, Francisco Vazquez de Coronado, Nuno de Guzman (President of New Spain), and Don
    Antonio Mendoza (Viceroy in Mexico City) between from 1530 - 1539.
    Coronado and Niza were told of a very rich place called Topira, which Coronado believed was really the region called Topia. He says in a
    secret letter to Mendoza about the details and visit. In fact the region of Topia is on the maps of the time. It lists the three major
    mines. These do not appear again after the 1686 uprising. There is no more Topia region! A later Topia mission does appear, but
    no wheres near the original region and mines. I believe the later Topia Mission which does happen to be west of Durango at the
    head waters of a river is the mission people are now locating. I can show anybody interested where the original Topia is if they are
    interested. I will not post any more info on the net than what i have posted. To get any real info I will be happy to meet you over a
    cup of coffee near Tucson or Arizona at your convience.
    One additional quote per Coronado's letter to Mendoza. "I believe the legend of the Seven Cities of Cibola may have originated fromTopia because of the vast gold wealth". I did say originally three mines, this is an error it should have been three cities.
    I believe it was Marcos who stated the people had such an abundance of gold being used worthlessly in their homes for idols
    etc. But the indians agreed to trade their gold to the spanish for items they needed.
    FYI- I am a retired telecommunications support tech. To put any real info in a forum like this or any other network place
    you might as well go out your front door and shout it to the world. Ask San's or NSA! Sorry but I have worked to long
    with the net.
    I have always only searched under Tayopa in the past. I would like to thank Oroblanco here for the suggestion of using other close names!
    Sorry also ain't really newby just new handle after a number of years away! Also all info from me is actually free! Having lived in Mexico for a couple of years I know the info is more relevent to Oroblanco or Don jose de La Mancha than to me or some one not a Mexican National.
    Last edited by Tucson1; Apr 21, 2012 at 08:45 PM.

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    795 times
    You gotta bring it to get it in this forum . 2 posts and a maybie aren't going to offset proven posters .
    Wolfpack forever

Apr 2008
    90 times
    i just posted in another thread, maybe here is more appropriate, tayopa is without a doubt an opata word, meaning santuary of the sun, found as a place name in several locations in opata territory and later occasionally combined with spanish, such as guadalupe de tayopa, topia ,is a town i the sierra of durango, not too far from the sinaloa border, and topira ,is easily found on sonoran topographical maps, i have found several vague comments in translations of old historical writings mentioning some notable mineral wealth associated with topira. all three were founded for some sort of mineral wealth, all three are seperate entities and have nothing in common with the other.topira is a small thriving community with some mining still going on today. the mining history there is well documented. guadalupe de tayopa is a small rancho east of mulatos close to where the famous la cieneguita silver mines are located , the other tayopa in south ,southeast of yecora (don jose's site) and there is a tayopa silver mine south of huachinera, all three are seperate entities with a common opata name. topira is east southeast of tepache north of the river towards the sierra, my guess is that it was a small but placer area, that was eventually worked out.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1441 times
    Hi Annie it was very nice to hear from you my friend, join me for coffee? An excellent post as usual my friend, MORE !

Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

us
    Sep 2007
    46 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp View Post
    Hi Annie it was very nice to hear from you my friend, join me for coffee? An excellent post as usual my friend, MORE !

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Tropical Tramp and Annie, join me for coffee. I live in Connecticut. lovejoydc@att.net

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1441 times
    A date Sam, can pump lil Orphn Annie, who is chock full of interesting data..

Don Jose de La Mancha

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    977 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucson1 View Post
    There is an old saying never be so sure of your self that you do not at least stop to listen to what the other person may have to say.
    So, here is what I have found out!
    From records or letters by Friar Marcos de Niza, Francisco Vazquez de Coronado, Nuno de Guzman (President of New Spain), and Don
    Antonio Mendoza (Viceroy in Mexico City) between from 1530 - 1539.
    Coronado and Niza were told of a very rich place called Topira, which Coronado believed was really the region called Topia. He says in a
    secret letter to Mendoza about the details and visit. In fact the region of Topia is on the maps of the time. It lists the three major
    mines. These do not appear again after the 1686 uprising. There is no more Topia region! A later Topia mission does appear, but
    no wheres near the original region and mines. I believe the later Topia Mission which does happen to be west of Durango at the
    head waters of a river is the mission people are now locating. I can show anybody interested where the original Topia is if they are
    interested. I will not post any more info on the net than what i have posted. To get any real info I will be happy to meet you over a
    cup of coffee near Tucson or Arizona at your convience.
    One additional quote per Coronado's letter to Mendoza. "I believe the legend of the Seven Cities of Cibola may have originated fromTopia because of the vast gold wealth". I did say originally three mines, this is an error it should have been three cities.
    I believe it was Marcos who stated the people had such an abundance of gold being used worthlessly in their homes for idols
    etc. But the indians agreed to trade their gold to the spanish for items they needed.
    FYI- I am a retired telecommunications support tech. To put any real info in a forum like this or any other network place
    you might as well go out your front door and shout it to the world. Ask San's or NSA! Sorry but I have worked to long
    with the net.
    I have always only searched under Tayopa in the past. I would like to thank Oroblanco here for the suggestion of using other close names!
    Sorry also ain't really newby just new handle after a number of years away! Also all info from me is actually free! Having lived in Mexico for a couple of years I know the info is more relevent to Oroblanco or Don jose de La Mancha than to me or some one not a Mexican National.
    The 'secret letter' of Coronado, alleging that Marcos de Niza visited Topira a month before Coronado, is controversial. The original has not been found and the translation is from Giovam Battista Ramusio, an Italian with a proven history of embellishing the facts to support his own agendas. It provides an alternative account of the Marcos/Coronado 1538 expedition that sent Marcos to Cibola and Coronado to Topira, but can't be relied on.

According to Coronado's reports, Topira is located in western Durango, NE of Culiacan. He didn't find anything there - the mountains were too rough to penetrate. It's mineralized country, as we now know.
    "The gods were smiling when you were born. Now they're laughing."​ Chinese fortune cookie

Karmageddon
    : It's like, when everybody is sending off all those bad vibes, right? And then, like, the earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1441 times
    Hi GALS & guys: For fascinating reading, go to -->http://nallino.net/Arizona/Arizona.pdf

Don Jose de La Mancha

us
    Sep 2007
    46 times
    HI
    Did you get a visit from Storm Sandy?

us
    Sep 2007
    46 times

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Does Orphn Annie have any information on Connecticut? lovejoydc@att.net

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    795 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Sam View Post
    HI
    Did you get a visit from Storm Sandy?
    Wolfpack forever

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    1165 times
    Research and occasional field work
    Nuno de Guzman, president of new spain? You may want to check on that...

us
    Sep 2007
    46 times

Check

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Put a big steak on the fire with the coffee.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1441 times
    A date. I do have to start posting in here again, but I have been sooo busy starting up La Escondida Mine, which is intended to partially support further investigation of the Tayopa site. My present team is at work up there checking various things for me. I will be able to post on them after we are protected, since some lie outside of the Tayopa claims.

Don Jose d La Mancha

us
    Sep 2007
    46 times
    Good luck my friend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors