El Naranjal

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen Oro: Black powder in itself isn't specified, just powder for reloadng needs a permit. up to 5 # may be held. and 100 bullets and primers. All explosives and their components are controlled. It doesn't specify black powder or smokless powder firearms. Just that ALL need a permit for each and everyone., separately.

Cross bows are not mentioned, but spears, swords, lances, etc are prohibited --sooooo.. Yet 26" Mahcetes are legal ???

As it presently stands, if a North American is caught with a .22 or .25 he is just fined $1000, formerly he would have had 5 years staring him in the face plus the fine.

A tourist cannot get a permit except for hunting with a registered guide. NO pistol pemit.

I, because of my special status, can have 25# of Torvex, fuse, and detonators for mining purposes.

U G H !!!!

Don Jose de La Mancha

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Oro,
I am just back home from work,
Don Jose beat me to it and posted info about the powder and explosives that I didn't think to look for.

Thom

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
HOLA amigos,
Whitt was having trouble posting the link to the book, here it is and hope this works
http://infomotions.com/etexts/gutenberg/dirs/1/6/4/2/16426/16426.htm

Don Jose' muchas gracias amigo that is much more info than I had found online. Lances even? Sheesh! I wonder how many people would die laughing if they saw a fat gringo riding a mule into the hills, carrying a LANCE! :laughing7: :laughing9: ;D :icon_thumleft:
Oroblanco

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
HOLA mi amigo Ed!

Ed T wrote
I still wonder if those bugs that I have mentioned had anything to do with it

It is possible - who knows what they did to protect the mine? Killer bugs would not be a stretch.

As for the conditions of the trails leading to what I call El Naranjal, I have no idea of the current conditions of these trails. I would think that they are in fair condition, and I would think that they would be accessable via burro, mule, atv., and who knows what else. If it were up to me I would ask a local guide to take us to that location Oro, though sadly it is not my choice. I don't think that you and Beth would have any trouble reaching said Naranjal

How many locals know the location? Not to try to get you worried but it might be worth denouncing as a mining claim, before someone else does.

Ed T also wrote
I guess that my wife has her reasons for not wanting me to take anyone up to any of the locations that I have mentioned.

No explanations necessary amigo, and I was kidding about being insulted - we have a couple of sites that we don't take anyone to, at least not without a blindfold! ;D It is just too hard to find a really good mine anymore. Claim jumpers are still active today, perhaps even far worse than in the "gold rush" days.

Ed T also wrote
some of the guides who take me to some of these locations are very well armed.

HOO boy that could be a really good thing, or a really BAD thing! (heh heh) As for the drug trafficking, time will tell but I don't think the current state of affairs can continue forever, it will either get worse or better. I am hoping for better! At least they don't list Durango as a "hot spot" for the time being, may be it is a good time for you to extract some of the El Naranjal gold! :icon_thumleft:
Oroblanco

whitt459

Feb 20, 2006
thank you Oro for posting link for me hope it will be of interest to the forum , if youll do not want to read all the aknowledgements just scroll way on down to 1st chapter, it is a very long read but i found it worth the time, one part tells of finding aztec pictures in caves 70 or so miles south of el paso witch to me would prove that the aztec did travel this far north from mexico and maybe did move their gold and tres. to the southwest usa too keep the spanish from getting it, all have a great day and godbless. whitt459

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Ed: Those old stone walls were / are the method they used to clear the fields for planting under the Spanish. They served two purposes, as a fence, and a place to put the unwanted rocks.

Yes, many a treasure has been found in them, but remember they run for miles and miles all over Mexico.

Of course old building walls may be different.

Another factor on security, most of the violence is between rival members for control, basically limited along the border, and mostly from Juarez east, Mexicali west. They don' t go around indiscriminately killing others, just not profitable

The Tayopa zone is quiet.

Naranjal is in the shared region between Sinaloa and Durango and is in an extremely isolated, rough, area. I worked as the general overseer / mill control, foreman and trouble shooter at the 'Colorados' up on the Sierra ridge, Espinazo del diablo. 6000ft+ They grew the most beautiful Amapola hehehe.

The main problem that we had with the narcos was during harvest time. The drug growers offered more than we could afford to pay, so for some days we only had a skeleton crew while most of our men were off having barbecue's, beer, and making excellent money while harvesting.

That is where we were under siege from bandidos for three days, kinda fun - looking back hehheh We reached a stalemate when they saw me making up 5-7 sec fused Torvex, and tying them together with 10 ft cords. This made it extremely difficult to just pick up one and throw it away snicker. Typical sneaky Th'r.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Don Jose de la Mancha wrote

we were under siege from bandidos for three days, kinda fun - looking back hehheh

FUN!!!??? :o Now you are scaring ME amigo! :tongue3:

Don Jose also wrote

We reached a stalemate when they saw me making up 5-7 sec fused Torvex, and tying them together with 10 ft cords. This made it extremely difficult to just pick up one and throw it away snicker. Typical sneaky Th'r

I have never used Torvex but from what I hear, it is quite powerful - hoo boy a guy doesn't want to tick you off! :o :bom: :angel5: :angel11: :angel9:
Oroblanco
:coffee: :coffee2:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose,

I assume you are talking about Torpex. Have you ever used electrical fuses???

The only thing that could coax me back into Mexico, would be a trip to ancient ruins.

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Cactusjumper wrote
The only thing that could coax me back into Mexico, would be a trip to ancient ruins.

By gosh Joe you coninue to surprise me! I too am hoping to make a trip to see Teotihuacan (the pyramid of the Sun and of the Moon) and a whole list of other places, but for the time being it has to be on a back burner. I wonder if they would allow a guy to go metal detecting in the ruins of some ancient city? :icon_scratch: :dontknow: ;D
Roy ~ Oroblanco

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ladies & Gentlemen: first let me clarify, I frankly feel safer in Mexico in general, than in many parts of the US. For example, "IF" the occasion arises, I am able to defend myself, while in the US, I have to worry more about the legal complications than the actual crime itself. In the US, in many cases, it appears that the criminal has more rights than I do..

I have slept in many places in Mexico, many times alongside of the road, or in a rest area, I would NEVER sleep in an untended rest area in the US.

As for the brush, I understand that it is getting extremely dangerous in many US national parks, forests, etc due to the growers, and simple criminal assaults.

Frankly, if one stays out of the contested drug areas, the possibility of being a victim is about the same as the US.

Mexico not full of weird "Badges? Badges? We don need no stinkin badges" types.

I personally, am not a masochist looking for someone to punish me by assaulting or killing me for supposed crimes in past or present lives,

Corruption? Mordida? Oh yes, for certain, but not as sophisticated as in the US, nor as large. Here it is a form of paying your fine more directly and now, rather than after a lengthy court proceedings at the tax payers expense.

Viva Mexico ! Land of far more freedom than the well controlled US. He he he

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Don Jose wrote
I have slept in many places in Mexico, many times alongside of the road, or in a rest area, I would NEVER sleep in an untended rest area in the US.

Hmm - now if you had your 'Pooper' along, you still would not feel safe? With a good dog, you can sleep virtually anywhere, no one will approach you without you knowing it in plenty of time. Point taken however, those roadside rest areas here in the US are not the safest places to take a snooze. I would not sleep there without the dependable <and slightly vicious> dog keeping watch.
Oroblanco

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ladies & Gentlemen: regarding trailbikes and motos, here are a few more pictures of the Tayopa / Naranjal country. Your choice of transportation heheheheh. It certainly isn't flat lander country.

Remember, there is generally a valid reason why many of the lost mines etc are still lost, just waiting for you..

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• Tayopa   Naranjal country 1.jpg
    Tayopa Naranjal country 1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 369
  • Tayopa Naranjal country 3.jpg
    Tayopa Naranjal country 3.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 351
  • .jTayopa.jpg
    .jTayopa.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 340
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Don Jose' - WOW!!!!!! :icon_thumright: Maybe the best choice for our modern treasure hunters (who don't like the idea of fooling with livestock) would be a PARACHUTE? I mean Holy COW! :o
Oroblanco
:coffee2: :coffee2:

<I think I need to go on a diet and get a Bowflex for this one?> :-\

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ORO: Hint, in one of those pictures is your potential target. However, you won't have to walk. just ride a helicopter, then a waiting mule.

Arkhunter, you will need a bit more than new shoes, you will need a knapsack to carry a couple of gold bars. heheh.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread