El Naranjal

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon Cubfan my friend: the upper elevations have oak and pine, see atachments of helicopter at landing field. The lower ones have scrub Oak and brush, perhaps running from 3 - 15 ft. on the arroyo bottoms.

Note particularly the altimeter reading -- 6000 ft. You can go from there.

Pay attention to the bottoms of the barrancas runing north.

Estimated depth from Helicopter to bottom is about 500+ ft, 1000 ft from the rim up above.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• .JPGOUR HELICOPTER COMIMG INTO THE LANDING FIELD AT CEROCHIT.JPG
    .JPGOUR HELICOPTER COMIMG INTO THE LANDING FIELD AT CEROCHIT.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 340
  • .JPGOUR HELICOPTER COMIMG INTO THE LANDING FIELD AT CEROCHIT.JPG
    .JPGOUR HELICOPTER COMIMG INTO THE LANDING FIELD AT CEROCHIT.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 322
  • Typical higher country growth.jpg
    Typical higher country growth.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 319
  • Altimeter.jpg
    Altimeter.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 316
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Don Jose, Dueno de Real y Minas de Tayopa wrote
ORO: Hint, in one of those pictures is your potential target. However, you won't have to walk. just ride a helicopter, then a waiting mule.

HOLA amigo - and boy you sure know how to get a guy busy with a magnifying glass don't you? ;D :icon_thumleft: I have just started, already seeing some interesting things! :read2:
Oroblanco

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening my friends: Like Tayopa, the Lost Dutchman, and many others, it probably is not where popular opinion believes it is, or it would have been found in the past 150 years.

Actually, all of the basic requirements are fulfilled in the next barranca to the West of Tayopa. A narrow deep canyon, orange colored Gold, worked in the 1800's by a Spaniard, oranges still growing there, actual mine entrance not known, rumors of Gold treasures hidden in difficult, or impossible to reach, caves today. It has all of the requirements to be the elusive Naranjal, except for popular opinion on location, but again that can simply be a need to have the story come true as one version of the legend describes it.

K for those that wish to look for it, it is under our groups claims, it is protected. However, you will have our permission, with the understanding that - if you find it - and / or it's associated treasure, both you and it, are to be turned over to the group, of which you will automatically become a member and 'share equally'. We will protect you legally on both.

We are concentating on the Tayopa mines.

Don Jose de La Mancha Naranjal.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm no-one interested? Only restriction is that you have to 'share' your findings, whch includes materiel things such as Gold bars etc., with us. We, in turn, give you all of the details and legal protection. We 'will' eventually go after it when we have finished the Tayopa project details. This may be for a few years yet. Since I am now 89, I would like to see it finished.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just over thata way Sam ----> X Ice cream also. They bring down hail and snow from the higher elevations and store it in one of the abandoned mine tunnels. Can last many months to make ice cream and have cold beer.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning, coffee?? Here are two views of the Naranjal barranca. Right foreground. Somewhere in there is a very, very rich orange colored Gold mine that was operated by a Spaniard, in the early 1800's There is / are one or more caves with many Gold bars storied in it/them.Have fun.

The story of the caves comes fom a distant friend Benito, a native of the area. I believe that he was a Guarajiro. In any event, he found one of the caves, and whenever he needed money, he would be gone for a short time then return with pieces of Gold, which had obviously been cut off a larger bar with his machete.

Many tried to track him, but with no success.

Don Jose de La Mancha

.Naranjal.jpg

Naranjal 2.jpg

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would have to be mountain goat to get anywhere there. I would jump on this but it appears it is still dangerous to go to Mexico. Good Luck.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheeeken casca, ! he he he. Seriously gentlemen, it is a prize worth fighting for. When we have any free time and finances left over from Tayopa, it is our next target. We are in no hurry, but finishing Tayopa has top priority..

Casca, my long time friend, there are secrets which eliminate 90 -> 99 %% of the search area. They go with the package.

How about the Gloria Pan ?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truckin, you posted --> A man who loves wild country could lose himself in the splendor of that area without the lure of gold

You are correct, this is one of the reasons why I have delayed working in the area. Would like to leave it as I found it, but I doubt that I can, since the lumber Ejdo -commun - is workng on the Mesa on top, La Mesa del Campanero"..

As far as finances go, they will come for my Excondida mine, not Tayopa.

La Escondida lies down in the flatlands, in Sonora.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

trsrseeker

May 10, 2011
FL / NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field, Excaliber 11, Sovereign, CTX 3030
Seems like a Christmas gift to the right person. What do you think it would take to locate the site? What time of year is best?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morningTRsseeker: Coffee always before talking, no? You asked "what would it take", reasonably good physical condition, a bit of intelligence, especially visualization, prob at the end of the winte rains, say April, may.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning Oro's sock coffee ?./ help yoursel.; I am taking the liberty to repost from a good friend of mine on Naranjal which was posted on another area.

Little Orphan Annie, and UK'r..

Don Jose de La Mancha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya Mr LM

Apologies for the delay in replying - have been cramming in some reading about your neck of the woods. It might be said that this LAD legend is one of those stories that teases the hunter to try to dis/prove it. I think this one should be left well alone.

Going back to the research, came across an old book written in the 1860s, which stated that EL Naranjal was still being worked until relatively recently (within the book's timeframe of course) and that there was a guard of 20 soldiers stationed there. It was/is near "Rio De La Habas" and "Guadalupe de Los Reyes". Apparently it was no big secret and the ore was being brought into the water mill near the farm/hacienda which was called "De Los Naranjos" in Sinaloa state. It was very rich and productive. Have tried to get a message to our mutual compadres (sorry for pretending to know Spanish) LOA and Furness. It was a great read about most of the productive mines in old Mekiko at the time. One thing is for sure, your backyard has some interesting and mysterious - not to mention extremely rich - secrets that it's very hesitant to give up......

Glad you've boiled the kettle for a steaming brew; got lots to discuss with The Don methinks.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread