Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 550
  1. #241
    Charter Member

    Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5,288
    508 times

    Re: True Spelling

    Ed,

    So sorry to hear of your father's passing. Our prayers are with you and your family.

    Having just lost my dad in February, I know how hard it can be.

    If I may, I would like to offer a small bit of advise: In going forth with your life, consider what your father would, and is wishing for you right now. Live every day to its fullest.

    Take care,

    Joe

  2. # ADS
    Ads

    TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

  3. #242
    Charter Member

    Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5,288
    508 times

    Re: True Spelling

    Oro,

    "My friend Lamar you do seem have a penchant for making SWEEPING statements, which are so inviting to ‘pick apart’. You do not really mean what I am getting from this post do you? Have you read anything of the trade networks and routes of pre-Columbian America? If you have, how can you make the conclusion that emeralds from Colombia are “too far away” to have ended up in Mexico? Would you like me to post some online examples of maps and articles on pre-Columbian trade networks and routes?"

    Well......When you're right.....you're right.

    "Just wanted to clarify that emeralds reported found by Coronado and other early Spanish explorers in Mexico were not “spurious” nor figments of their imagination, but had originated in distant Colombia."

    Another correct statement. You are on a run, my friend.

    Take care,

    Joe


  4. #243

    Aug 2004
    1,341
    7 times

    Re: True Spelling

    Dear cactusjumper;
    By all means, my friend, please feel free to provide proof positive that those emeralds described in Coronados' letter to Mendoza came from Colombia, and at the same time, please provide incontroversial proof of the pre-Columbian trade routes. I made a statement that the emeralds which supposedly came from the Aztec empire in all reality came from Columbia and Venezuela. The Spanish Conquistadors knew this fact full well and they were trying to tell the noblity of Spain something which just wasn't true.

    This started centuries of speculation that Mexcio had fabulous lost or hidden emerald mines. By the mid 1950s, Mexico sub-strata had been completely mapped by petroleum exploration teams, and NO substantial beryl deposits had been discovered, nor had any lost or hiddengold or silver mines been rediscovered as yet. Virtually every square inch of Mexicos' vast sub-strata has been explored in the quest for black gold and natural gas and the methods employed have been costly in terms of technology used, manpower and time expendures.

    I made a statement that emeralds are not native to Mexico in viable commercial quantities and so now, because Coronado was trying to pull the wool over Ferdinand and Isabellas' eyes, I make sweeping statements? The emeralds did not come to Mexico via Columbia by pre-Columbian traders, they came to Mexcio by the Conquistadors. The Conquistadors didn't even bother accquiring the stones then having them mounted in Aztec jewelry, rather they took manufactured native Colombian jewlery and then tried to pass it off as being from the Aztec empire. What they were doing was simple. They were lying to the noblity of Spain in roder to recieve greater funding. I've mentioned many times in the past that the Conquistadors were men of disreputable characters and this holds quite true. What the Conquistadors did has been known about for years.

    If you feel that colorless beryl is not generally referred to as common beryl then I might suggest you take up your argument with the GIA.

    The livre ceased to exist after 1667 and the franc became the official monetary unit of France, after which the livre enjoyed a short revival until the franc once more totally abolished the lived in 1795. Look it up for yourself my friend.
    Your friend;
    LAMAR

  5. #244
    mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    10,203
    834 times

    Re: True Spelling

    Good Morning Lamar: You posted -->

    and NO substantial beryl deposits had been discovered, nor had any lost or hiddengold or silver mines been rediscovered as yet. Virtually every square inch of Mexicos' vast sub-strata has been explored in the quest for black gold and natural gas and the methods employed have been costly in terms of technology used, manpower and time expendures
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    You can't possibly be serious. I would suggest redoing your research my friend.

    Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

  6. #245

    Nov 2006
    1,379
    5 times

    Re: True Spelling

    i got to agree with real de ... i look threw well over 100,000 picture taken in the supersititions and the two sites i was looking for were not seen in any of those photos . yet i know for a fact they are there ...because i have pictures of them .
    " have i lost my way ? or am i just a being of lost ways ? "

    " a wiseman once told me a wiseman that thinks he knows everything has already failed  because he thinks "

    © the blindbowman ,2007

  7. #246
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

    Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    5,120
    648 times

    Re: True Spelling

    Greetings Lamar and everyone,
    Lamar wrote:
    By the mid 1950s, Mexico sub-strata had been completely mapped by petroleum exploration teams, and NO substantial beryl deposits had been discovered, nor had any lost or hiddengold or silver mines been rediscovered as yet. Virtually every square inch of Mexicos' vast sub-strata has been explored in the quest for black gold and natural gas and the methods employed have been costly in terms of technology used, manpower and time expendures.
    Lamar my friend, I give up. If this is not a 'sweeping statement' then I must not be able to identify one. Your statements put myself into a position of having to post more 'proofs' to refute your statements, which I fear may be taken as some kind of personal attack when nothing of the kind is intended. I would suggest that you research this matter a bit more, however if you are already satisfied that you have done all the research you need to arrive at the conclusions you have, who am I to suggest otherwise? I do respectfully disagree with you on a number of points including these statements you posted, however I value friendship more than "winning" some argument in a forum so will not respond to these statements.

    Good luck and good hunting to you Lamar and everyone, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.

    your friend,
    Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

  8. #247

    Nov 2006
    1,379
    5 times

    Re: True Spelling

    wow , am i glad i delited that reply before i posted it ,,, you must be right Oro .lol i should have made copy of that one and pm it to everyone ... lol
    " have i lost my way ? or am i just a being of lost ways ? "

    " a wiseman once told me a wiseman that thinks he knows everything has already failed  because he thinks "

    © the blindbowman ,2007

  9. #248
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

    Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    5,120
    648 times

    Re: True Spelling

    HOLA Ed and everyone,

    I think I might have "killed" this thread by not answering a previous post; I did not intend that the discussion should cease and apologize for having posted something that seems to have made our friends stop posting.

    That is an interesting site Ed, I am not much into poetry, but a certain few I do very much enjoy (Rob. Service, Homer etc) and that site does have some of that ilk.

    I wonder if anyone has ever written a poem about famous Tayopa?

    Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

  10. #249
    Charter Member

    Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5,288
    508 times

    Re: True Spelling

    Real de Tayopa


    Tayopa lay resting behind the veil, It's legend grew to quite a tale.

    Searchers came from far and wide, but the Jesuit treasure continued to hide.

    Jose appeared from out of the mist, his mind held the map that could not miss.

    For years he fought to make it his prize, but it stood protected by a thousand lies.

    The door creaks loudly as he pushes it back, he peers inside and his smile cracks,

    The bones of the padres are piled inside, they crumble to dust as if trying to hide.

    Jose is in awe as he gazes at their treasure, the souls of the natives too many to measure.

    The Jesuits had mined this land too well, their leaving had opened the gateway to hell.

    He steps back in fear and closes the door, leaving Tayopa and its souls, to return no more.

    Joe Ribaudo

  11. #250
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

    Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    5,120
    648 times

    Re: True Spelling

    Dang Joe, you are a poet as well as a scholar! Pretty good!
    Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

  12. #251
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

    Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    5,120
    648 times

    Re: True Spelling

    Hmm - "Et tu, Ed T?"

    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

  13. #252

    Nov 2006
    1,379
    5 times

    Re: True Spelling

    time has taken you ,
    will it ever give you back ...
    how i wonder where you are...
    hiden near or hiden far
    how i wonder where you are ....
    is time all we lack
    who will find you .
    where and when
    there and then
    who will find you .
    i can only ask
    will they ever give you back
    or will they never confess.
    .even on the rack..
    " have i lost my way ? or am i just a being of lost ways ? "

    " a wiseman once told me a wiseman that thinks he knows everything has already failed  because he thinks "

    © the blindbowman ,2007

  14. #253
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

    Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    5,120
    648 times

    Re: True Spelling

    Now WHO would have thought, that among such a group of grizzled desert rats, we would find POETS? Perhaps there is much more to a treasure-hunter's heart than gold or silver?

    I am impressed gentlemen, and never would have guessed this.

    Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

  15. #254

    Nov 2006
    1,379
    5 times

    Re: True Spelling

    we sing and dance to ,,, LoL
    " have i lost my way ? or am i just a being of lost ways ? "

    " a wiseman once told me a wiseman that thinks he knows everything has already failed  because he thinks "

    © the blindbowman ,2007

  16. #255
    us
    Feb 2006
    New Hampshire - USA
    Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
    2,245
    338 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: True Spelling

    There once was a man from Nantucket.... "oops, wrong subject matter"
    "There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind" - Joseph Conrad (Nostromo)

  17. #256
    Charter Member

    Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5,288
    508 times

    Re: True Spelling

    there once was a man from Nantucket, who...... for a hat, used a bucket.

    His barn was a mess, so he cleaned it, I guess.

    Now his head smells quite bad, for he was not a bright lad, and used his bucket to muck it.

    BURMA SHAVE......BURMA SHAVE......BURMA SHAVE.

    The Burma Shave dates me somewhat.

    Joe Ribaudo


  18. #257
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

    Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    5,120
    648 times

    Re: True Spelling

    Blindbowman wrote:
    we sing and dance to ,,, LoL
    I don't know exactly why, but this instantly brings to mind a vivid image of Monty Python's "the Lumberjack song".....

    Burma Shave...I remember seeing Burma Shave signs, but not since I was a kid. If you can remember those little 'ditties' Joe, you ought to write them down for posterity before they are lost forever, some were pretty funny like the one you shared.

    Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

  19. #258
    us
    Feb 2006
    New Hampshire - USA
    Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
    2,245
    338 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: True Spelling

    Quote Originally Posted by Oroblanco
    Blindbowman wrote:
    we sing and dance to ,,, LoL
    I don't know exactly why, but this instantly brings to mind a vivid image of Monty Python's "the Lumberjack song".....

    Burma Shave...I remember seeing Burma Shave signs, but not since I was a kid. If you can remember those little 'ditties' Joe, you ought to write them down for posterity before they are lost forever, some were pretty funny like the one you shared.

    Oroblanco
    Just for you Oro...

    "There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind" - Joseph Conrad (Nostromo)

  20. #259

    Nov 2006
    1,379
    5 times

    Re: True Spelling

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubfan64
    Quote Originally Posted by Oroblanco
    Blindbowman wrote:
    we sing and dance to ,,, LoL
    I don't know exactly why, but this instantly brings to mind a vivid image of Monty Python's "the Lumberjack song".....

    Burma Shave...I remember seeing Burma Shave signs, but not since I was a kid. If you can remember those little 'ditties' Joe, you ought to write them down for posterity before they are lost forever, some were pretty funny like the one you shared.

    Oroblanco
    Just for you Oro...

    10 piont for cub . i love that **** dude ...
    " have i lost my way ? or am i just a being of lost ways ? "

    " a wiseman once told me a wiseman that thinks he knows everything has already failed  because he thinks "

    © the blindbowman ,2007

  21. #260
    Charter Member

    Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5,288
    508 times

    Re: True Spelling

    Roy,

    Can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. All I can remember about the signs is: Burma Shave....

    Looked forward to finding them as we went down the road.

    Joe

 

 
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

goler gulch gold

,
goshenite rough in oyo
,

magalousis & macloud

,

old world spelling for leif

,

spelling 60

,

spelling ogf greetings of peace

,

spelling page 30

,

tayopa caborca

,

tj koppenaal,

,

tj koppenaal, n. magalousis

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3