Tayopa in Durango?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Tayopa in Durango?

The Real of the Cieneguita embraces the mines known as La Chipiona La Colorada La Cajona La Prieta and the vein of copper in Matarchi La Descomulgada and Los Tajos La Virucla and El Realito San Rafael Ostimuris Yerba Buena and El Potrero. All of these mines are within a radius of three miles. The principal vein appears to be that of La Chipiona. The origin of the real is unknown. The general belief is that it is the long lost Real of Tayopa famous in the early Spanish annals .
Border States of Mexico: Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua and Durango: By Leonidas Le Cenci Hamilton, pp 63

For our readers, here is the location:
La Cieneguita Map | Mexico Google Satellite Maps

What do you think?

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Hmm I would have thought Ed would have jumped at this one, since his mine is in Durango?

Loke - what? No dodging or shirking amigo!

Don Jose - that is pretty brief?

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Tayopa in Durango? ... What do you think?

I always thought it was interesting that Coronado, on expedition chasing the de Vaca and Seven Cities rumors with Marcos de Niza in 1538, separated from Marcos to search for 'Topira', a rich metals region somewhere in the mountains of Durango.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
I always thought it was interesting that Coronado, on expedition chasing the de Vaca and Seven Cities rumors with Marcos de Niza in 1538, separated from Marcos to search for 'Topira', a rich metals region somewhere in the mountains of Durango.

Springfield - what do you think of Topia as Topira? Thank you in advance, and yes there are problems with that idea too, like no emeralds at Topia yet Topira was famous for them.
Oroblanco

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Springfield - what do you think of Topia as Topira? Thank you in advance, and yes there are problems with that idea too, like no emeralds at Topia yet Topira was famous for them.
Oroblanco

I don't have an opinion, other than the fact that place names (villages, mountains, rivers, etc.) were frequently misinterpreted, misspelled, misassigned and generally confused on the Mexican frontier - and during the Anglo American period too, for that matter.

[ OT: Speaking of emeralds, have you ever heard that Mel Fisher's Atocha stones, which didn't appear on the ship's manifest, only 'seem to' come from the Columbian mines (by chemical analysis), and may have been taken aboard somewhere else besides Cartagena? Just wondering. ]

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
[ OT: Speaking of emeralds, have you ever heard that Mel Fisher's Atocha stones, which didn't appear on the ship's manifest, only 'seem to' come from the Columbian mines (by chemical analysis), and may have been taken aboard somewhere else besides Cartagena? Just wondering. ]

I had read that, along with an estimate that the value of the emeralds not on the manifest may have exceeded the value of the legal cargo. Did the Atocha stop somewhere else, (besides Cartagena) to load the smuggled goods?

Ed I thought you would have more to say than that. :dontknow: ???

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
I had read that, along with an estimate that the value of the emeralds not on the manifest may have exceeded the value of the legal cargo. Did the Atocha stop somewhere else, (besides Cartagena) to load the smuggled goods?

The Atocha's ports of call - between May and September - were Dominica in the Carribean, then Portobello in Panama, Cartegena, Columbia, and finally Havana, Cuba, the hub. Theoretically, the emeralds could have been loaded at any of these locations, considering that they may have been waiting for shipment for months, regardless of where they were mined. Havana sounds promising because of all the traffic through there. Plus, it was the last port visited before returning to Spain. Under those circumstances, it may have been easier to load smuggled goods at the last moment than at the other ports.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco

The real Tayopa is not in Durango . Is in Chihuahua close to the Sonora border . Is in this picture :

T.jpg

Look at the land shape below Tayopa , fits with the Dobie map .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco

And a closer image of the Tayopa's church region :

tayopas churxh.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Well ya'll... It has been a pleasure conversing with ya'll... It is where you find it... Even if it may be in Durango... Don Jose insists that he has found Tayopa in Chihuahua and I as well am making the same claim that I have found it where I have found it... And I really do BELIEVE this to be true... And for the record... Manana siempre manana is my little Spanish version of Mel Fisher's "today is the day" in a nonchalant way... So have fun ya'll... And good luck in all of y'all's treasure adventures... Even you snailaway...

Ed T :)

Vaya con dios amigo - however I will say SO LONG, til we meet again! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::thumbsup:

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
attachment.php
I wonder how much information on this map was intentionally or deliberately placed on it to mislead anyone who did not know such astray??? hehehe And I'll get to Scotland afore ye...

Ed T :dontknow::notworthy::tongue3::icon_scratch:

Let us know when you arrive in Scotland, want to be sure it is safe to visit your mine while you are away! :notworthy:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprise, virtually everything is correct with exception of the trails Ariciachi and ESpobachi/S They are transposed.

Jose Dobies map orientated.jpg

Attachments

• ©.jpg
    ©.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 526
  • .jpg
    .jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 997
Last edited:
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
It's the darned peyote laced sock coffee I tell ya... Shoot... Then again... Maybe my psych meds are not doing their job and I jest may be having a delusional episode... How grandiose... No???

I'll trade the location of my Tayopa for my little diatomaceous earth signet... If such a thing truly exists...

Wouldn't it be silly if Tayopa has anything at all to do with Mt Zion... Could the Sierra Madres actually be the true Mt Zion???

I wonder what the written history of the Americas... Destroyed by the Spanish... Really had to say that they could not bring themselves too believe???

Here is an even more delusional thought... What if the stash was supposedly meant to be used by the Messiah upon his return??? Wouldn't it be ironic if I am the Messiah and My Father revealed Tayopa's location to me for a reason???

Ed T :)

You would know if that were the case amigo, you would not wonder. And you already have the signet ring right?
Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread