the Gloria Pan mine

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
[FONT=&quot]In the interest of comraderie,networking and perhaps a little boredom,I wanted to share some of my projects. I cannot say I have retrieved anything of value as of yet, I am stuck on the logistics,and how to move and liquidate whats is brought to light. But this is where Im at so far on this one. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Attached is a google map image of the location for a legendary lost mine. If you look along the edge of the barranca/ cliff ,and below the yellow thumbtack,you will see a faint trail running north south. This trail is several hundred years old and cut out of the limestone with hand tools. It leads up to a sealed mine entrance. I could not get the resolution any closer to see the actual portal. The entrance is marked with two handprints with red ochre and there are three O?s, carved with a chisel above. It is sealed with a mixture of adobe and ocote. There are ruins and paintings of birds all around plus other symbols. The mine is on record in Spain for taxes paid,and comments as to the richness of the ore. Griggs,in his 1904 book commented that he saw reports this mine had bullion stored inside to the tune of 3 million at 1904 values. I tend to believe it is a true fissure vein of highgrade native silver.and most likely runs straight down to the water level that you see in the canyon on the right. This is the find I am most proud of as I found it completely alone. But dont know whats inside. It is said they shipped to Spain every 20 years, and they had worked 17 when they were forced to close up shop. The problem in these cases is the investment required to open up these mines and then to deal with whatever challenges maybe in order to find and bring out what might be inside. And once that is accomplished , what do you do with 20 tons of silver ,for example. My plan on this is to get the support of the community. The county seat is about 40 miles away but a 3.5 hour drive. I am not good with the computer I hope the attachments will open up.[/FONT]

Attachments

• gloria pan.jpg
    gloria pan.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 134

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread