tayopa, legend or reality ...?

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
I'm going to apologize in advance...
Jack, I was talking about BB's 'everything else' posts... sorry I don't follow you all around.. I know I'm missing so much... 'but I like my drama boy BB better than somethin' bout' some police matters.' Of course when you said you made a fool of
yerself' I couldn't resist peeking.
make a fool of myself some way out of the ordinary for me

Ok... and I'm going to regret this but, you can never 'erase' your posts entirely!

I found this beautiful pic on aol, and I'm trying to post the Spainish markings. We spoke of them before, but go to the link if this doesn't work.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/2350-year-old-wine-vases-recovered/20080608092909990001

Janiece, LOVE ya' mean it.

photo by: Bruce Bennett, Palm Beach Post / ZUMA Press

Attachments

• SPANISH GOLD BLACK SWAN.jpg
    SPANISH GOLD BLACK SWAN.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 829

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Gossamer said:
I'm going to apologize in advance...
Jack, I was talking about BB's 'everything else' posts... sorry I don't follow you all around.. I know I'm missing so much... 'but I like my drama boy BB better than somethin' bout' some police matters.' Of course when you said you made a fool of
yerself' I couldn't resist peeking.
make a fool of myself some way out of the ordinary for me

Ok... and I'm going to regret this but, you can never 'erase' your posts entirely!

I found this beautiful pic on aol, and I'm trying to post the Spainish markings. We spoke of them before, but go to the link if this doesn't work.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/2350-year-old-wine-vases-recovered/20080608092909990001

Janiece, LOVE ya' mean it.

photo by: Bruce Bennett, Palm Beach Post / ZUMA Press

I didn't erase my posts Janiece. Evidently the mods erased the entire thread. It was in RANTS by someone comparing gay marriage to letting people molest children or marry pigs and horses. Went on for some while with things fairly polarized between the bulk of humanity thinking the world would end and the country would be struck by divine lightning and a few, myself among them, saying people ought to quit worrying so much about what other people do with their genitals.

My personal tomfoolery was in getting involved at all, concerning myself about the kinds of depths people will allow their minds to sink to when they get to thinking they have the force of numbers and the Bible behind them. Those 'other kind of guys' were getting along fine before I came along to defend them and they'll get along fine with or without me concerning myself with whether people think they ought to marry, think they ought to be stomped on and ridden out of town on a rail, whatever.

It wasn't my affair, and I got involved. Which I consider to be making a fool of myself. Same as a lot of others who posted to the thread. Glad you managed to miss all that.

None of my business, same as most other things on TN, when I pause to think about it.

Best to you,
Jack

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Jack (Highmountain) wrote:
None of my business, same as most other things on TN, when I pause to think about it.

I beg to differ on this point amigo, considering what your life and work has been focused on, I would say that here in T-net you are absolutely in your element and business. That is strictly my opinion, of course, and perhaps those 'rubber room' topics ought to be excluded. ;D :wink:

JANIECE - thanks for the linkee, I do LOVE those ancient amphoras!!!

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
your friend,
Oroblanco

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Oroblanco said:
Jack (Highmountain) wrote:

I beg to differ on this point amigo, considering what your life and work has been focused on, I would say that here in T-net you are absolutely in your element and business. That is strictly my opinion, of course, and perhaps those 'rubber room' topics ought to be excluded. ;D :wink:

JANIECE - thanks for the linkee, I do LOVE those ancient amphoras!!!

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
your friend,
Oroblanco

considering what your life and work has been focused on, I would say that here in T-net you are absolutely in your element and business.

Oro: My life and work have enough focuses to be able to say that of a lot of them. It's been a fun dip back into TNet after several years of elsewheres. Learned a few things while I was back here to make it worthwhile, got some ideas worth pursuing. For me the rubber room topics are the important ones at the moment so I'll tie up a few loose ends here and exclude myself along with the offending topics.

Good luck
J

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HM - for what it's worth, I'd rather you not delete any of your posts. If they haven't been deleted by the moderators, I'd say the majority of people aren't offended by them.

It makes it so much more confusing to look through old threads when some of them get deleted - sometimes the whole subject of the thread gets all disjointed and too hard to follow to even be useful.

That's just my opinion.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Jack,

I agree with Paul,
I have enjoyed your foray into the subjects here and do have a tendency to reread threads of interest.
You have added a good bit of food for thought, it would be a great loss for it to disappear.

Thom

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Cubfan64 said:
HM - for what it's worth, I'd rather you not delete any of your posts. If they haven't been deleted by the moderators, I'd say the majority of people aren't offended by them.

It makes it so much more confusing to look through old threads when some of them get deleted - sometimes the whole subject of the thread gets all disjointed and too hard to follow to even be useful.

That's just my opinion.

Thanks for mentioning it Cubfan. Most of my attention between now and when I leave will involve modifying some posts I never got around to clarifying on some threads. Most will involve locations of places I consider interesting in New Mexico, along with possibly adding some maps, etc on some I never elaborated on the precise locations for. When I posted them I was trying to catch them while they were on my mind and get them posted. A lot of them I considered worthy of more I only gave a lick and a promise while I was posting them.

I've intended for some while to put together a lenthy post somewhere on one of the forums about pinpointing detecting locations using pockmarks made by bullets in rock and cement, also, but I haven't been able to find my various photos thus far to illustrate how those pockmarks can be 'read' to find the shooters, though the targets are usually obvious. I have the impression a lot of people don't recognize pockmarks when they see them and I think some might find it helpful.

Best to you
Jack

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Old Dog said:
Jack,

I agree with Paul,
I have enjoyed your foray into the subjects here and do have a tendency to reread threads of interest.
You have added a good bit of food for thought, it would be a great loss for it to disappear.

Thom

Thanks Thom. I'll leave most of the threads as they are.

Best to you
Jack

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Real de Tayopa said:
Jack: In the periods in which we are concerned, they were low velocity lead projectiles, easily identified.

Don Jose de La Mancha

You're right. Guess I won't bother. I went through a long phase of studying the stuff back in the late '60s on the UT campus after the Charlie Whitman incident. At the time [4-5 yrs after Charlie] I found nobody much knew what they were looking at. Later on at various battlegrounds and ambush sites I found it helpful, but probably people who share my interests already figured it all out.

Thanks for pointing out what should have been an obvious fact to me and saving me some work.

Gracias,
Jack

WilliamTheFinder

May 9, 2008
I know next to nothing about this particular legend, but I hear it involves Jesuits,
I'm connected to the vatican film library at St. Louis university that contains the entire Vatican library on microfilm, including all jesuit documents about missionary activity and exploration, it's a field I work with
so if there's been a document you've had trouble tracking down, I might be able to help

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
Posted on: Today at 09:58:42 AMPosted by: WilliamTheFinder
I know next to nothing about this particular legend, but I hear it involves Jesuits,
I'm connected to the vatican film library at St. Louis university that contains the entire Vatican library on microfilm, including all jesuit documents about missionary activity and exploration, it's a field I work with so if there's been a document you've had trouble tracking down, I might be able to help

Ah, William... you may have opened Pandora's box, but welcome, I love the sources and the offer you make.
Its a fun place, with a mix of old and new here... and some great charactors!

Jack, don't you dare leave... shoot, its been wonderful having you around. ;D
and now I do follow you around.
Janiece

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Gossamer said:
Posted on: Today at 09:58:42 AMPosted by: WilliamTheFinder
I'm connected to the vatican film library at St. Louis university that contains the entire Vatican library on microfilm, including all jesuit documents about missionary activity and exploration, it's a field I work with so if there's been a document you've had trouble tracking down, I might be able to help

Ah, William... you may have opened Pandora's box, but welcome, I love the sources and the offer you make.
Its a fun place, with a mix of old and new here... and some great charactors!

Janiece

Janiece

Thanks Janiece. Been nice knowing you also.

Jack

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Jack, (Highmountain) when I mentioned the "rubber room topics" I was saying that they ought to be excluded from my previous statement about you being in your element/business, not that they offended me in any way.

I too occasionally delve into the Rubber Room topics, and every time end up leaving those forums swearing never to return. Some people have very strong opinions and some are filled with self-righteousness, no amount of logic or persuasion will ever sway them. The only reason I bother to post there (which always is an argument) is for the sake of the folks who read them but do not post. There are some 24000 members, and most of them just do not post, plus we have countless non-members who visit and read our discussions, we often forget about our 'readership' friends.

Jack I hope you will post that article on the bullet pockmarks, even if it is well known by some of the experienced members, remember those "newbies" and numerous visitors who will benefit from it.

WilliamTheFinder - welcome, and yes there are some Jesuit associations with this. If you care to read through the numerous and lengthy posts previous to our current ones, you might be surprised (perhaps not pleasantly) and I for one may well take you up on your offer. I was not aware that the full Vatican library was stored on fiche at any location, it is a pleasant surprise. Do you know if it is open to any visitor to use? Thank you in advance,
your friend,
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Oroblanco said:
Jack, (Highmountain) when I mentioned the "rubber room topics" I was saying that they ought to be excluded from my previous statement about you being in your element/business, not that they offended me in any way.

I too occasionally delve into the Rubber Room topics, and every time end up leaving those forums swearing never to return. Some people have very strong opinions and some are filled with self-righteousness, no amount of logic or persuasion will ever sway them. The only reason I bother to post there (which always is an argument) is for the sake of the folks who read them but do not post. There are some 24000 members, and most of them just do not post, plus we have countless non-members who visit and read our discussions, we often forget about our 'readership' friends.

Jack I hope you will post that article on the bullet pockmarks, even if it is well known by some of the experienced members, remember those "newbies" and numerous visitors who will benefit from it.

Oroblanco

Not a problem on the rubber room thing Oro. When a person looks for answers outside mainstream of science, history, whatever, it's got to be approached knowing a lot of folk who already know a lot will scorn it. Not to say you poked fun at it, but a lot of people do, or just feel a natural need to repudiate. If a person's bothered by that he'd best stay inside the mainstream and walk the straight and narrow.

Problem is a person has to be fairly careful and discerning about what he knows in this life because a lot of what he knows has a way of turning out not to be true. If a man's not willing to settle for that he's going to end up out there where people can throw darts and superior smiles at him, so might as well learn to like it.

If I don't get around to rocks, pocks, ricochets and trajectories I might come back briefly sometime and drop it onto one of the forums

Thanks for the reply
Jack

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI JACK: you posted -->

If I don't get around to rocks, pocks, " ricochets" and "trajectories".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, these both can give you a tremendous amount of information.

Don Jose de La Mancha ( loved interior and exterior ballistics as a kiddie )

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Real de Tayopa said:
HI JACK: you posted -->

If I don't get around to rocks, pocks, " ricochets" and "trajectories".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, these both can give you a tremendous amount of information.

Don Jose de La Mancha ( loved interior and exterior ballistics as a kiddie )

( loved interior and exterior ballistics as a kiddie )

Yep.

Jack

WilliamTheFinder

May 9, 2008
during world war II, the entire vatican film library (including the secret stuff you're not supposed to see), was microfilmed and placed in a location the pope deemed safe from all bombings and strife for several hundred years (This was before ICBM's that can hit anywhere) it now resides in a bomb proof building in St. Louis missouri on the campus of St. Louis University, that's open to everyone. I don't know if the private documents are stored there as well, but I know they were microfilmed.

point is, yeah, lots of jesuit letters, maps, and journals

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
WilliamTheFinder said:
during world war II, the entire vatican film library (including the secret stuff you're not supposed to see), was microfilmed and placed in a location the pope deemed safe from all bombings and strife for several hundred years (This was before ICBM's that can hit anywhere) it now resides in a bomb proof building in St. Louis missouri on the campus of St. Louis University, that's open to everyone. I don't know if the private documents are stored there as well, but I know they were microfilmed.

point is, yeah, lots of jesuit letters, maps, and journals

William: That's a pregnant piece of info. Have you visited the facility? Have you viewed, or attempted to view any of the microfilm? Is it your impression the Jesuit microfilm is available for public viewing? I'd guess you've answered in part already, but what you said was open to more than one interpretation.

Do you happen to know whether the Jesuit material is all in Latin, or is some in English translation?

Thanks
Jack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions