tayopa, legend or reality ...?

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Here ya be.........

This is the approach sequence as from the first approach. Cut out the pieces, leave the largest 1 single mass of the pieces where it sits. hold the next smallest (sorta hard to tell, part of the Don's stealth) paper piece over the base piece, pinching the paper in the middle as the center of a clock dial. Turn the piece counterclockwise about 17 or or so minutes. In this "area of reference" you will find sign that aligns point to point. Recognize your position here and post it to memory. Go to the third section of paper, Hold and adjust the scope in the same manner and follow through until the end. You can touch the edge of each piece with a little dab of glue if your happy with the assembly. Glue each piece until all have realized their position.

Some of these finished assemblies will lay on a copy of the original map and rotate around to various positions and and of course read back to you, in similar sign the same way the trail assemblies did from the 1st main ground monument leading into the area of Tayopa. Backwards W?

The base image is of course a water bag skin that appears to be full; the intersection of the cross finds the water of life.

Attachments

• Tayopa Base Grid.jpg
    Tayopa Base Grid.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 570

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
First sequence.... :read2:

Attachments

• Pc2.jpg
    Pc2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 461
  • Pc3.jpg
    Pc3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 472
  • Pc4.jpg
    Pc4.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 455

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Second.....

Attachments

• SecondPc3.jpg
    SecondPc3.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 493
  • SecondPc2.jpg
    SecondPc2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 414
  • SecondBase.jpg
    SecondBase.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 458
  • SecondPc4.jpg
    SecondPc4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 446

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
At first , at center in the West Wall, The Fathers Hold........At bottom, off center between similar forms, where two come together, the Mother's Hold.

When you step back you can see a Pirate Captain strutting with his Parrot on his coat. Or you might read it as: A place where one should be making camp, game birds on the location. ThePole-Tree and the Fryers

Attachments

• MapHold.jpg
    MapHold.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 488

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TF,

I've been following your posts, and most of the treasure legends on here for sometime,

as Jose already owns Tayopa,
and has stated that dobies map is accurate, and the map you posted is also accurate, and a very close likeness,

can you explain what the exercise in origami has achieved as it looks to have turned something recognisable, into nothing more than confetti !!!!!!

furness.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
It's a way of playing charades on paper to entertain different dialects on long voyages. A simply childish approach to hiding valuable information in a game for the King and his Masons. Notice the Chasity belt and locket on Mother's right leg in the cartoon? They Take you step by step, section by section through a labyrinth of canyons to the Mission and then on to location through a maze of land forms and markers of various shapes and sizes until you get to the Iron and Wood Doors. The mine of the Utes according to this document but I'm thinking renegade Jesuit Monks are at work here. From a distance, it reminds me of a man in a colonial hat, stepping off paces to treasure. The lack of his shoes would read booty in other places.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good mornng Twisted forks: Just what are the letters in the circled area on your map? The ones that are just above what appears to be a horizontal ladder?

A: This is the area that I am referring to.

B: This is correct, the location of the Indian village, the camp of the workers.

C: This is the location of the Los Remedios mine. It is approx. 1800 meters from the Door of the Mission. Your map places it to the S/E about 4-500 meters?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• TW\'s map.jpg
    TW\'s map.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 505

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
This type of map is butchered. Only key forms relate at first face value. The assembled graphics are reference in sequence like a recipe, on how to get prepared for the main dish. Caches come first and then the main course. I think the main focus of attention is in the South West near the bear where that little black arrow head is, along the foot of a slope according to the wavy line leading up to it. What better place to hide something special than where nasty animals could ruin a thieves camping trip.

One might search on a line of 186 degreesfrom the S.W. corner of the mission wall. 168 good prove to be something else.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
When following out a marker trail, always look to the left when it leads to some sort of color sign or any sign that stands out. Right Angle.

Most marker trails will lead you through a panorama of visual land form sets. The chain from beginning to end, will run across a variety of terrain that you stack up in your mind until all of the single formats you run across, add up to one mental picture at the portal location.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
All in all, I would say that what the final map satire or cartoon boils down too, is an image of a strutting parrot pacing, of whom is reference to the Liberal King of Spain. What the picture is really telling you is that at the end of the marker chain one will find an old tree or a single tall barrel cactus that represents the parrot's perch. The treasure is so many paces from there. Possibly at 168 degrees.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
168 degrees - Hoo-ee that could be an exciting, if brief walk to go a-pacing it off, considering how VERTICAL that Barranca country is! :o :o As steep and rugged as the area of Tayopa is, I have some doubt about whether such type of clue/directions would have been used, unless in a very limited way.

How does this match up with the known location of the mines and workings you have, Don Jose? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco
:coffee2: :coffee2:

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
The monks would have chosen an old but healthy tree that has been used for some time as a predator bird's hunting perch. The map references graphics in pairs, so it is possible they are referring to eagles. Owls use the same perch over and over again as well when it sits above such a hunting ground of their preference. I 'm going to say the prey is probably a fowl of some sort and more concentrated in one area to the South than others. It should stand out like the tree.

The date on these maps give you the compass combinations to work with. The sequence will first lead you to an area with mineral sign, then the cache and finally the mine. The next marker to look for from the perch will be the main triangle for the mine site area. You will first be looking for the Apex which will be artificially constructed out of a plant and stone against it, or an old root producing two trunks side by side with one of them chopped about 17 or 18 inches off the ground; Altered. From there you seek out corners two and three of the same triangle. There should be a cache between them. In this layout there is comparison to the Alter and Staircase of the Masonic Lodge. Figuring the enlarged scale applies.

168 0r 186 should put you at the site of the tree. Look back in the direction you have traveled. I would try either 6 or 9 degrees first.

The final map assembly could also be viewed as an eaglet that has fallen from the nest and begun pacing.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tramp
Did you ever found any of these mines or treasures that you write about? There is not much going on in Connecticut pertaining to mines and large Treasures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions