TDI And DD coils

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are DD coils that will work on the PI's. I don't see why the TDI series would be any different. But, I doubt you'd gain much over a good mono coil, or the Whites DF's. The most sensitive coil I've tested on my TDI SL is the 12"DF. For DD's, just grab any DD for a Minelab GPX series.
Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
G/Day Jim.
Thanks for the reply.
I have several Minelab and Coiltek mono's that work well on the TDI although the 14 inch Coiltek Goldstalker does not ground balance well on wet salt water beaches. It is very sensitive and achieves great depth in the wet sand even with the GB a bit off.
I was not sure about the DD's (not all PI's work well with DD' coils) I have received a few replies from people who use the double D's and all say they are fine on the TDI. Also your comment re the Duel Field 12 incher is as per what I have heard from a couple of operators here in Aust.

Cheers
Adrian ss

Ejz3rd

Nov 23, 2019
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites , V3i, Tdi slhi -q, Surfmaster II, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the tdi sl h-iq coil. Any difference compared to the standard 12" mono coil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread