DFX can do THİS ?

S

SerhaD

Hi to all ! I join this forum from Turkey, İstanbul. I'm collecting money to buy a metal detector. (I have to collect about 1400$ to buy a DFX ) I want to ask some questions , Hope you will answer

1- In my country detectors are not used for coin hunting just for Treasures so we need more and more DEEP detecting ! Think a box 30 cm heigth and width full of Gold coins and buried at least 1 or 2 meters Deep. Can DFX be able to find this target ?

2-Use of EXelerator 18" coil can give me more advantages or Standart Coil is enough for it? (18" is the biggets coil I can find here )

3- Or Should I buy another detector like Explorer II etc. ?

Thanx !

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome SerhaD ;

? the DFX should be able to pick up a Large Container, 30 CM Wide (approx. 1 FT.) at A Meter Deep? ( approx 3 FEET Right ? ) with an EXCELERATOR COIL.

? 2 meters or More ? I'm not even Shure the Explorer can do that.

? MABY A PULSE DETECTOR.

? ?Hopefully Someone Here Can give you some Suggestions.

Just BEWARE of LRL SALESMEN.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? JEFF

Attachments

• expl-sov2.jpg
    expl-sov2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 632
  • expl-sov2.jpg
    expl-sov2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 621
OP
OP
S

SerhaD

I read people find a beer can at 70 cm deep with an Exploere II ! 1 meter sounds ok for that kind of box according to that example (doesn't ?)
Of course I want a buy much more expensive detector But I cannot afford it :(

What do you think about 2 Box detectors like TM 808 ? Does anyone experienced it before ?

Thanks.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'v found Beer cans at close to 3 Feet (90CM) (ARMS LENGTH, WITH A LONG Scoop in my Hand to Reach.) with a SOVEREIGN & a 15' wot COIL.

So yes I suppose you could get another 30 cm's out of an EXPLORER with an 18" coil.

Some say the 2 Box Detectors are Good, Others say no.

I Personally have no Expierence with them.

OP
OP
S

SerhaD

Thanks for your answers :)
One last question , Which one would you choose
Garrett 2500 with Treasure Hound Deep Multiplier or
White's TM 808 ?

I have some more time to buy and will continue to follow the forum to find the best choice , because I have just one chance :)

Thanks again...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not Familiar with Either.

SORRY.

I would Suggest MINELAB.

Maby someone Else here can Help on those.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett set up has a good reputation for very deep and large items such as a cache or treasure cotainer. JIM

Rob in NY

Greenie
Apr 21, 2005
Long Island NY
SerhaD,
From the Whites brochure, the Sierra Madre/UL-3 was designed for both industrial use and serious treasure hunting
when searching for large and deep treasures and metal items. With the optional 15" coil, it is capable of depths up to
5 feet and the MSRP is a reasonable $600 compared to the DFX at $1100. Anothe option for you.
Rob

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
I recommend the Garrett 2500 with the Treasure Hound deepseeking coil for the simple reason that when you finish using the Treasure Hound, you can just put the regular coil back on and have a perfect general purpose hunting detector. With the Whites (and all other brands I've seen) when you buy their deepseeking detector, that's all you're getting, a deepseeking large target detector, not a general all purpose detector...

Therefore, if you buy the Whites, or any other detector whose sole purpose is cache type hunting, then thats all it will be good for. With the Garrett 2500 it can be used for coin shooting, small relics, caches, small jewelry etc... and then be used as a deepseeker. I have the Garrett CXIII with the Bloodhound attachment and can detect pint jar sized metal targets at 3 feet +/- (1 meter) with ease or larger targets at up to 8'-10' +/- ....

g45_70

Mar 25, 2005
Kalispell, Montana
Hi Sarra;

I'm no expert,. However i think your on the right track with the Garrett GTi 2500 and the Tresure Hound setup. In doing so you would have Two detectors in one, you might say. In an area where bed rock is shallow you could use the Gti 2500 by it's self. And when your in an area where bed rock runs deep you could then attatch the tresure hound setup for deeper penatration.
What ever you decide on I wish you the best of luck and may all your finds be golden.

OP
OP
S

SerhaD

Thanks for all your replies.
I found time to write just now , I joined the Turkish army because of military obligation for 1 year :)
with your advices I decided to buy a Garrett 2500 with Treasure Hound. I asked their prices
Garrett 2500 : 1200 $
Treasure Hound : 400 $

Total 1600$ !

I am collecting money for now. After buying my detector I'll inform you about my findings :)
Thanks again !

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marhaba , I spent a week in your country and was treated great! I have looked at some of your history there and I think you have a great Idea . Lots of Roman areas. I traveled to Ephesus and was amazed at the Roman ruins. Good luck in the army and in your treasure hunting.You should have lots of adventure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions