Another tool creation (Hole Hog)

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Well, I saw people using these on THA videos, seemed like a pretty good idea so I thought I would make my own. A bit heavier, all 304 Stainless Steel, and works extremely well. Cuts down to 10" with no trouble through medium sized roots and all ;) It is 3" in Diameter. They make something similar and several places sell them, I would definately say they were worthwhile. I have no hesitation going afer something 6 or 7 inches down on an "iffy" signal now since there is very little effort needed. Likely it will increase my finds from that reason alone.

By the way, the Sand Screw has been improved as suggested, I took pictures of the new rendition, but they didn't come out. I will have to take some more. It has a hinged flap as I thought that was a good suggestion. Thanks again. I have a few more creations I am going to try to get done this next week as well, I will get them up as soon as I get them done.

Thanks for looking!
-Mike

Attachments

• holehog1.JPG
    holehog1.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 596
  • Holehog2.jpg
    Holehog2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 608

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
That thing is awesome :o But i think if i made one I would end up damaging whatever I was trying to dig up ::)

OP
OP
Visionquest

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks! As far as damaging the target, always a possibility. I use 5.3 inch coil for most coin/jewelry hunting on land and can pinpoint accurately enough with it that every target I have gone for with it so far has been centered in the plug. Of cource you can always use it to get down just above the target and do the last inch or two with a pinpointer and probe, I have done that as well.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Cool! that's a more heavy duty version of what I use:

Attachments

• cutter2.JPG
    cutter2.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 579
  • cutter1.JPG
    cutter1.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 582
  • cutter2.JPG
    cutter2.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 574
  • cutter1.JPG
    cutter1.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 569
R

rvbvetter

Looks like you did a nice job on it. What are the dimensions of it? Hieght and width
Is it combersome to carry? HH

OP
OP
Visionquest

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks! It is about a foot overall length, the tube is 3" diameter. It isn't bad to cary and it does offset the detectors weight well.

-Mike

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
if you could make me one, that would go to about 5 feet, look inconspicuous, and be able to do the hole in about 20 seconds without making too much noise, you will truly be my hero !!.......gldhntr

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
beagles bark too much, eat too much, and have a tendency to leave their fleas everywhere, but i appreciate it anyway,,,,,,,,,,gldhntr

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i have found that they make a deer hunt rather exciting, and can wear out a rabbit to the point that the rabbit will run to you and plead with its eyes, "shoot me please" gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions