Remote Intrusion Alarms

DigDeep

Aug 10, 2005
The potential for someone breaking into your vehicle while out mining/metal detecting is always a possiblity. Or even stealing your dredge while you are camped for the night.

Does anyone have any plans or knowledge of related items for sale which could be used to alert you in such cases.

One of the biggest problems with simple radio devices is the lack of line-of-sight comm. Most good mining areas are in valleys which limit this factor.

TOWcritter

I know they have Low-Jack for cars. It would be interesting to know if they have it for sale without the vehicle attached. That way you could esentially put it on anything. Like a dredge, boat, lawnmower etc. Worth looking into. Just a thought.

Mi$$ouri Jim

Apr 3, 2005
There ARE vehicle alarms that have pagers that literally page you when it goes off. I have owned 2 in the past (a really cheapy radio shack one (many years ago) & a good one made by autopage car alarms (owned a few years ago). They come with pagers that can alert you up to 2 miles away (but probably would not alert you if you were in some mine).... ones nowadays may go even farther. I read of a new one (about a year ago) that would call your cell phone , but it was insanely expensive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions