dual frequency detectors vs single frequency detectors

hubman

Greenie
Aug 24, 2005
I have all of the machine's MENTIONED ABOVE AND OUT OF ALL OF THEM THE MINELAB GOES THE DEEPEST FOR THE LEAST AMOUNT OF TWEAKING . the FISHER COINSTRIKE COMES THE CLOSEST BUT ONLY IN THE HANDS OF A EXPERT. i AM ALSO VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE DEPTH OF THE Whites ext. i HAVEEN'T SEEN THAT MUCH PERFORMANCE WITH THE GARRET, MAYBE IT IS THE SOIL AROUND HERE. the MINELAB WILL WORK ABOUT ANY WHERE

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If depth is your main concern then there are two ways you can go, three really. First for maximum depth, you are probably going to have to operate any machine on the all metal mode which often voids out any advantage of a multifrequency machine as well as weakens its ability to discriminate. . Second you can buy a Garrett GTI 2500 and get the Treasure Hound attachment for around $200.00 extra and it will penetrate down to 20 feet! With the 2500 set up you will have a top notch detector and a deep seeking option for about the price of another coil. A third option is to buy a PI detector which you can use on dry land or in the water. It is basically a dig everything machine, with some (very little) discrimination. PI technology has been around for a long time and it is known for very deep seeking penetration....the deepest from all I have been able to read. So, is deep penetration really your main concern? It may seem so at first but in the final analysis, how often does anyone dig beyond a foot deep for every day use? Probably not many unless you are seeking a cache or hidden treasure or you are a professional treasure hunter. For the every day THer any one of the top of the line detectors will serve your purpose splendidly. For an amateur like me a midrange detector would probably satisfy all my needs. But alas, the bells and whistles have me intrigued so I have a top of the line, a low-midrange and a shallow water detector! So, you see, I can't even follow my own advice! MONTY

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
The duel frequncies are better. They are able to see into the ground better. The dfx actuall transmites 100 frequencies but uses either 3 or 15 to analize it. Or both at the same time. Those are the 2 strongest out of a 100 that do this. The other 98 just help to find it.

If you want a easy powerful machine get a mxt. It is close to performance of the dfx. Me and my brother run them neck and neck. He rarely ever out hunts me but is never really far behind. I am very skilled on the dfx to.

I have used all three and all three are great detectors. I like the dfx the best. It's just a finding machine. It finds anything. It has no lack in any category. I don't even use the machine for i.d purposes. I use sound v.d.i number and have it set up to be deep and powerful like any other machine out there. I rarely ever have to make a adjment Like some people claim they have to.

I have it mastered for my conditions though. They made this detector to be adjusted to the limits for every part of the country. If you can't learn how to adjust it for your grounds and area's it can get really tough. It was really hard to learn this unit. I had to talk with guys on the net for a few years until I knew what the hell they were talking about.

That was before they had the book Jeff Foster put out also. I have had the dfx for 4 yrs almost now.

This machine is not for everyone. It's a great hunt out of the box machine. It never needs adjusted but can be for higher performance. They have stock programs on the machine you load and your own your way. It works really well just on those programs.

Good Luck Jer

uberlapis

Aug 8, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here Vito click on your link, go to the bottom of the page and click back to DFX main page.
The folowing is the first sentience of the first paragraph.

The DFX "sharpshooter" approach to frequency? Transmit 16 frequencies and process the two most powerful. In the illustration, each spike corresponds to a single frequency. Mark Rowan, DFX Chief Engineer, explains,

HH
Uber

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever you say on frequencies all the twin/multi frequency machines use harmonics and using the manufacturers methods of accounting Eric Fosters P.I.'s come out as having over 190. C-Scope complained about Minelabs adverts showing one frequency with an arrow going a 1/4 of an inch into the ground (advert scale), twin frequency managing 1/2" and the Explorer 3/4". The C-Scope advert said that on land apart from a few extreme mineralisation sites (mainly gold field areas) there was no depth advantage in twin or multi-frequency detectors over single. Advertising Standards (a government body) insists on accurate information in all advertisments. C-Scopes advert stayed and Minelabs got withdrawn.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the word was 'FEW'. And if you had been detecting a bit longer you would know Bounty Hunter/Technetics has produced some excellent machines in the past that surpassed the Big Bud . Its not that long ago that the Bounty Hunter Mark I was re introduced as there was a demand for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions