A new Bounty Hunter-superior to the Explorer 11?

T

tallpaul

lol ;D no answers i wonder why,,,, ive said it all along its comeing its started with the minelab x terra 50 lot of machine for little money,,, now here we go with the tecknics t2, and i will also state i got nothing in minelab,, or any others i just do what i do,,, but soon theres gonna be alot of folk who spent huge amounts gettin quite p***ed off,, and dosent that t2 look so nice aswell,,, infact it looks better to me,, very sleek and refined and way lighter,, hold up on the spending guys,, theres new detectors comin to town,,..

T

tallpaul

we all have our likes and dislikes vision,,, no probs,, i know the explorer ll is a good machine, ive used one,, but i'll take my x terra 50 anyday,,,. people do get attached to a certain machine,, and when they hear others saying anything negative about it,, they dont like it,, dosent bother me,,, we all own and use different machines,, we are different,, but anyone reading this thread and my previous can understand my point,, about over spending and what you get for the extra 500 or more,, not much really,,,.but when you look at what the serious finds where made with it certainly turns the cards,,, then we can dicuss luck again, it dosent matter what we say or how we say it luck and skill always comes into the equasion,, back to square one, ;D forums are the worst place to start debating what is the best what does this and what does that whos is good whos aint,,,, i say just get on with it use what you use, i do and iam fine,, infact from now on iam just gonna post my finds when i start back again and just have fun watching the whole show lol ;D,. because i gotta say i sit hear absolutely laughing my a*s off,, a person asks for advice on a detector,, so on come the tecks and go to lenghthy extremes explaining,, then midway the thread holder changes what he wants,, and yet more extreme tecks,,, only to see this guy is extracting the urine lol,,,

Willy

I've done a fair amount of testing over the years & have found that there isn't really all that much difference between many detectors, old & new (not too old though). As long as it can be ground balanced & doesn't have the disc. set too high they're pretty even. This doesn't count for saltwater.. just highly mineralized inland sites. The only detector that I've swung that gave a huge increase in depth is a PI, and that's apples 'n oranges. ...Willy.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paul (Morris ?) had one of the first of the new Technetics and seemed to quite like it. He did point out that it would not ground grab or whatever term they use for ground balance, in his back yard. So he had to balance it himself and its wasn't to easy.
Depth test was a dime at 10 inches (three tone, in air) and 11 inches on the same coin with no I.D. (one tone). He soon sold the machine on as his original Bounty Hunter Mk I provided better performance. My Treasure Baron (old design) and XP Goldmaxx (one of the latest) both exceed that with iron rejection and tone discrim. so I guess I will stick with what I've got.

T

tallpaul

i know a guy who has a goldmax,, it is a good machine,, when i choose a machine for my main one,, i look at what it has ie ground balance sense noise reduction and the discrim,, also i go for style looks and wieght,, i know certain machines are not suited to certain people, each will choose there own,, some will sell and buy others some will keep,,, like me with the x terra 50 i'll never get rid,, i love this machine it works for me,, i get great results,, and havent spent to much money,, dont get me wrong the temptation has been there for me to buy loads of machines,, but then ya gotta say why should i,, this works and works fine,, stick with what works for you,, forget the teck talk frequencies and the pis and vlfs and the minelab vflex and the likes,, thats just chitter chatter,, lets get to the roots, a machine that can find a coin at 10", and manuel ground balance and good sence , noise cancell,, set your own programmes, very accurate spot on pin-pointing, very smooth no falsing is great at the beach dry and wet sand, and is so light you'll go allday without an ache,, then thats a good machine,,.. and the only time to buy at a higher price and thats when and if a total new concept in detecting that says hey this is a old english penny, hey this is an old groat, hey this is a bracelet gold, hey this is a silver ring, and be absolutely spot on with depth, that then i'll buy,,

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all read of detectors comming out with greater depth. If we add all this depth together we'd be digging holes ten foot deep for a dime. Manufactures can charge what ever the market will bare and many of the Newbies fall for the hype. Just because a machine has a high price tag doesn't mean it's good for your type hunting where you hunt.

Anyone ever think that a cheap machine could carry a large price tag just to give the impression it is a great detector. Only time will tell.

Also, anyone ever wonder why major detector brands aren't carried at Beast Buy, Sears, etc.?

Sandman

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a Bounty Hunter, one of the near top of the line machines, in the $500.00 Range. They are good machines I think. I can hit coins at about 8" consistently, about as far as I want to dig. What I like most about Bounty Hunter is the weight. They are so light you can swing one all day with minimum fatigue. About their new high end model I haven't a clue. I think the next big thing in detectors will be further miniaturzation and lighter weight. The technology is there and I don't know why they haven't taken advantage of it. Dry cells can be replaced with hearing aid type batteries for one thing and cut way down on weight. I have a Garrett's GTI2500 that I dearly love but it is so darn heavy it hurts my arm and back after a couple hours of swinging that weight. With the 15" coil is is a killer! That's why I keep my BH and also have an ACE 250 as backup. Most of the time when I go to a new site I take one of the lighter detectors to do the initial survey. Monty

Z

ZumbroKid

Well here is my 2 cents to this bounty hunter topic. This forums top ring find by onionrings, as well as the only Dahlonega coin. Both found with Bounty hunter models. Mine was $200 at radio shack. Just an interesting foot note! ;D

Z

ZumbroKid

Now my 2 cents on higher cost machines by Bountry Hunter. I had 2 time Rangers. Paid cash at Cabelas. First lasted 1 month, took it back got replacement it lasted 1 week. Both quit during use. Was scannning a hole machine turned off. Pushed touch pad and let off button, machine would not stay on. Took second back to Cabelas, they wanted to only give in store credit. I rasied hell and got my money back. This experience took lots of gas, time and travel. Two round trips to the city that had a Cabelas store. I believe they make a great cheap machine. They suck at making high cost detectors. Also Cabelas does not have a good return policy.

Z

ZumbroKid

But this is the first machine by BH i have seen that did not have the same coil!

T

tallpaul

FreeTwoDtect said:
Well here is my 2 cents to this bounty hunter topic. This forums top ring find by onionrings, as well as the only Dahlonega coin. Both found with Bounty hunter models. Mine was $200 at radio shack. Just an interesting foot note!? ;D

I have to agree, ?Free, some of the best finds in the world have been made with cheaper machines,,, i know many who have had serious gold items with the c-scope 1220R cost of this machine new ?350 now, even c-scopes latest the newforce R1 is not expensive, and i keep seeing great finds coming,, but not many with the higher end ones,, makes you think,, but then again it all depends on are you in the right area aswell,, research and some luck are deffinately involved, but yes my brother uses and bounty hunter (lone star) he loves that machine,, it serves his purpose,,,... HH ? paul.

T

tallpaul

be interesting to now what frequency the T2 opperates on,,,.

Willy

Sometimes it's better to have a "cheaper" detector with less features which forces a person to dig more. As the saying goes "The best discriminator is your shovel". I remember being consistently skunked by a friend that initially swung a Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger & then a Whites 4900. I had bells & whistles & he had great finds. Take a look at the majority of Tesoro machines.. pretty basic. Even the high end ID units they sell are nothing to write home about. Despite that, there are some great finds being made with thier detectors. ..Willy.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
13 khz operating frequency for the T2 I was told. Re the C-Scope R1 its got to be the next for replacement after the CS4Pi hits the shops in February. Sales can't have been to good with the gradually drops in price over the last five years. It just needs a few tweaks and a drop in weight.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems a whole raft of new machines are soon to arrive. I'll be interested in the new XP's especially the Goldmaxx Power with new/improved ground filters. Its getting like buses...nothing for ages then three turn up at once.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a Technetics 8500 (I believe that's what it was called). It was my machine after I sold the Fisher 1260-X.

The Tech had far better depth than the Fisher but I found more with the Fisher. The reason being partly the design and partly the circuitry. The Fisher was super fast and highly reliable down to about 6 inches. It also was very comfortable on the arm.

The Tech still had that old lunch box style and required constant ground balancing. Like I said, it went very deep but after using if for two years I found less than I did with the Fisher in 3 months.

To increase finds one needs a fast machine with reasonable depth.

Today when I buy a new machine I'll take it to my test area and bury a silver quarter at 9 inches. Then I'll come at that spot from different directions at different speeds. If the machine can nail that quarter fast with a clear signal every time, I know I've got a winning machine for our soils.

I have a dime store China machine ($65) I bought off ebay that passes this test easily. I use it as backup sometimes and have found many very old coins and artifacts with it. It's actually a copy of a Fisher model. China does this sort of thing all the time.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
If you don't have patience and persitence don't matter what your swinging. I have seen guys out hunt guys with machines half there cost. But in my opinion I will stick with the high end units. I can master them to were alot of people can't.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread