DFX Depth

rotocon

Aug 21, 2005
get the book Digging Deeper with the DFX by Jeff Foster it will help you a lot it is very specific to the DFX 120 pages of nothing but good info .I think I got it off the jimmy Sierra web site. 24.95 & shipping. this not a generic book like a lot of them.

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
hubman, I have tried several programs and always seemed to end up with somthing chattery, (if thats a word).

I have had better luck using the hot keys or arrow to get back to the ac sensitivity which I set last and just keep cranking it up until I get over 76, then if everything is still stable for a while I go up on the preamp one number. If everything is still ok after a little hunting i start going up on the ac sense again. I have had to learn the hard way that I (maybe not everyone else) need to make only one adjustment at a time.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your best option is to purchase the book, Digging Deeper With The DFX by Jeff Foster. He covers it all and explains it well so you understand why your settig it this way and what your also losing. Think about it, if a machine can go deeper everywhere, how come it's not made that way standard by the factory?

HH,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread