Trouble with newly moded elite meter

greggww

Greenie
Aug 14, 2005
Richardson Tx.
Re: Trouble with newly mod'ed elite meter

I am not going to be any help w/ your problem but I do have a question. What was the mod supposed to do? I really like the way the newer (digital) Minelab meters work. I really can't imagine anyone being able to improve on it. HH Gregg

OP
OP
Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie

Aug 6, 2005
Quad Cities Illinois

Well Greg Imagine this.....
A meter thats SUPPOSED to be much, much more stable.
Instead of moving up down and not really stopping on the single id number.
Thats what the Rescaled meter is supposed to provide.
But i am beginning to wonder if it is just some scam.

Regards,
EDDIE

greggww

Greenie
Aug 14, 2005
Richardson Tx.

With mine it does move arround a bit but the number range is so wide that I was lenient with that, I originally had a early minlab meter with the little dot that moved back and forth and you had to choose normal or expaned. I did not like that one. Then I had a SunRay and I liked it real well...It locked onto single # better than the new minelab meter but I think it was just because the upper end of the range was 180. With the new minelab meter mine bounces about 5 or 6 digits on some targets but I think it is because the range is so expanded...up to 550. The only real problem I have had w/ the new minelab meter is having to relearn the # range that targets fall in after being so used to the sunray. Good luck getting this resolved. Gregg

greggww

Greenie
Aug 14, 2005
Richardson Tx.

I just went and looked at their website, didn't know they existed but it sure looks like a impressive product. Hope they can get it resolved for you, if they do I may consider one. Being a small business it may take him a bit to get back to you. Gregg

OP
OP
Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie

Aug 6, 2005
Quad Cities Illinois

Ok,
I took apart the meter and bench recalibrated it,
Works great now.
I field calibrate it to 180 with a quarter.
Now even when i power off the unit it stays calibrated
at exactly 180. doesn't even move.
It's so cool.
Thanks Everybody..
Eddie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread