Need help with a Fisher T-20

starprince

Greenie
Aug 30, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites 6000DI Series 3, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro, Fisher 1212X, Garrett American AM-2, Garrett Beach Hunter AT3, and Garrett Hunter BFO (Retired but still works)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a fisher T-20 and I want to get it working again. I think it only needs a battery (one of those odd ones ???). Can a modern battery be adapted to make it work?

Thank you for any help :)

rubberlegs

Nov 15, 2005
I just picked up one the other day, I Paid $20 for it, it'll be a wall hanger but my t-20 came with everything. the battery is a c size 12.6 volt made by duracell. not avalilble any more, or as much as i can find on the web. As soon as i find out how much amps it put out then i will see if the larger 12.6 battery will work.
The guy i bought it from said the last time he used it it worked for him and has been hanging in the garage for many years, But to look at it, you woyuld swear it was never out of the box. I guess Fisher was once in Palo Alto, California

Happy hunting
Frank

OP
OP
starprince

starprince

Greenie
Aug 30, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites 6000DI Series 3, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro, Fisher 1212X, Garrett American AM-2, Garrett Beach Hunter AT3, and Garrett Hunter BFO (Retired but still works)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BatteriesPlus think they can order me one but I need the numbers and type of battery is is. I have never seen one but must be a lot of T-20 owners left. Do all Fisher T-20's now hang on walls batteryless? I will not find a big treasure with it. I promise! Just want to try it and then hang the darn thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread