interference help

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I am posting this in more than one section of the forum trying to get help.

I have a contract with a local chiropractor. I take many of his patients to and from their appointments. His office is down town, the oldest and first developed part of Baton Rouge. The office is in an old house, over 100 years old! I got to talking to him and asked permission to hunt it. His words, "knock yourself out, I really appreciate all you do for us". So, I drop off my last run for the day there and return, excited ready to hunt it! Wouldn't you know one of the local TV stations is right across the street......theres a transmitter tower that's probably 300 feet tall. God only knows how much power that thing is transmitting........my detector was going crazy!!!! I tried to max out the sensitivity and totally disc out but nothing would help. Am I right in assuming its the tower? Could the ground be THAT highly mineralized? Is there something I can do to remedy the situation??? HELP!!!!
What luck???

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
I would say its the tower,those put out a lot of energy.I went on a service call with a friend 1 time to a local radio station transmit tower an the small building next to it were the wiring was had a 4ft light bulb laying on the table an had the whole room lit up an it was not even plug in.I think the station was 50,000 watts but at a certain time they did turn down the power at night.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I deleted your other posts on this Subject.
There is no reason to post it all over.
I don't allow others to so i can't allow you to either

Sorry !

As for your Problem, try Lowering your sensitivity.

You will loose depth on tiny objects

but may Help.

Good Luck !

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Jeff,
I was just desperate for some help and wasn't real clear on the best spot to post it.
This must be the best spot for it. Its really stressful to finally get permission to hunt a "good" area and that happened. Disappointing. Cheers, Shane

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shanegalang said:
Sorry Jeff,
I was just desperate for some help and wasn't real clear on the best spot to post it.
This must be the best spot for it. Its really stressful to finally get permission to hunt a "good" area and that happened. Disappointing. Cheers, Shane

Yea I know what you mean.

It has Happened to me more then once.

And Since I use a 15" Coil it sometimes acts like a
sattalite dish :D

Small Coils & Lower Sense Usually helps.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I notice I have a BIG discrepancy in my post! i was LOWERING the sensitivity to its lowest setting! In my haste to post I said I was maximizing it...... :tard: How embarrassing.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to do it parkhunter. And i was thinking I may try the 4 inch coil on my BH when i go back. I'm still wondering if maybe the soil there is really highly mineralized. I have never encountered a problem with mineralization so i'm not real clear on how a detectors acts under those circumstances. My deleon is preset ground balance. Its manual on my BH so another reason to give it a shot. Man now youve inspired me to get my rear end over there right now. its only about 10 minutes away. I'll update after I do. Thanks, Shane :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread