XLT Batteries - Need New

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
The original rechargeable NiCad pack for my XLT has finally worn out.? After 6 1/2 years I am very pleased.? I have several options and am looking for input.

1.? Buy new replacement from Whites for $50

2.? Buy 8 AA NiMH batteries with charger, and use in the replaceable pack I have for near $50

3.? Buy 8 generic NiCad cells and rebuild the original pack for $??? (I can do it, and I'd guess $30)

4.? Just use AA alkalines in the replaceable pack which gets expensive (like I have been doing for a couple of months)

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
I had mine rebuilt for about 20 bucks, Replaced with 1000 MaH batteries. Batteries +. Most major cities will have a place like this. They spot weld the tabs on and solder in place while you wait. Took 20 minutes.

Hope this isn't a redundant answer to another post on another thread. if it is the oh well.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I opened up the battery case and fitted 2000 mAh Ni-Mi's. Soldering was a pain as I used flattened wire loops. Grind the lug on the inside of the lid off as it will press on the batteries as you slide it into place and will break at least one connection. Fantastic battery life now and using the standard Whites charger (allowing longer for the increased capacity) has had no ill effects.
Only thing against Ni-Mi's is that they are frequent use cells ie they run down quicker when not in use so if you only go out once every few weeks then theres more chance they will have run down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread