Floaters Electrolysis Machine

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Floater's Electrolysis Machine

Thanks to Floater and his guidance on building this.

Pic 1 is all the stuff I used to build it.
Pic 2 is the power supply. It says 15VDC output, however, it is really 12VDC at 600mA.
Pic 3 is a Diez Pesos courtesy of Mexico.
Pic 4 is the machine in action. The water is BLACK! This was after the peso and the quarter that you see sitting on the board in the pic. About 15 minutes each.
Pic 5 is the peso after it's soak.

All in all, I think that this is going to work really well once I figure out all the kinks. The peso was the first to get a dunk, and I guess that there must be copper in my tap water because the peso is brass and aluminum and it ended up with a nice copper plated "V" on it where the stainless steel wire was. I know that I should be using distilled water, but that will be for the nice stuff. ;)

I tried to use a potentiometer to be able to adjust the amperage from 0mA to the maximum of 600mA, but it wouldn't work for some reason. I took it all apart and tested everything and it was all good. I then tried a rheostat and got the same results. In the end, I used just the power supply just as it was. Maybe that is where the copper "V" came from. ::)

Attachments

• Start.JPG
    Start.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 323
  • PowerSupply.JPG
    PowerSupply.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 314
  • 10spotBefore.JPG
    10spotBefore.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 302
  • Action.JPG
    Action.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 315
  • 10spotAfter.JPG
    10spotAfter.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 313
F

Floater

Re: Floater's Electrolysis Machine

Ugghhh DigEmAll you need to move this operation out of the living Rooom. :o Only do this outside. The gas from the Hydrogen you produce is not good and this stuf can get corrosive. It looks interesting. Go to the salvation army or thrift store. Theyu have tons of used chargers and transformers that they sell for a buck a piece. Lower the Amperage and lower the voltage and you wont get the spot. Also make sure the negative is on the coin and the positive is on the bolt or whatever in the water. HH

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
Re: Floater's Electrolysis Machine

What would be the down side of adding Salt to improve conductivity,,makes a big difference i believe.,, Just a thought.

Faster cleaning especially on iron where you aren't worried about taking off to much metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions