Any Fisher tech heads out there? HELP!!!! Please?

R

rvbvetter

Bought a used I D Excel off ebay a week ago, and used it for several days. Then yesterday it got stuck in all metal and won't respond to the push pad controls, except on and off. I did notice a little moisture that would squish out between the push button face and screen. It was warm out and I think a drop of sweat may have landed there. I took it home and pulled the face and circuit board out (I didn't do anything but look for loose wires and any moisture ) there was none of either. And now a day later, it still won't respond. Bought it used, so there is no warranty. It's a fun machine and I really like it. So I'm not interested in sending it back to the seller. It's simple to use and has good depth, not as deep as a couple I have, but still a lotta fun. And I think it will make for a great trashy site detector cause it recovers so quik.? Please, if any body can help.? I don't want to have to put it to sleep.? ? ? ? HH

PS I tried new batteries, still nothing.

da Hobo

May 6, 2005
Northern Illinois
RV, does it have those rubber buttons that press down on small etched circuit traces?

What you might have is a little moisture or oil from previous hands that have coated the button contact areas on the circuit board. If so, I most often use cotton swabs and isopropyl alcohol and clean BOTH the circuit contact area and the buttons. I have to do that on my TV remote time to time and it works well afterwards.

It doesn't sound like a real bad problem so I'd give this a try. Let us know if you get it working.

Hobo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread