Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    132 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Rechargeable batteries?

Just bought 20 rechargeable AA batteries and a charger. Thought I was getting NICAD, but found out they are all stamped MNAH. What's the difference? I have not been able to find nicad batteries. Are they obsolete? And will the MNAHs work ok in a detector? Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

Aug 2005
    Idaho
    6 times

Re: Rechargeable batteries?

Do you mean NI-MH? I use NI-MH they work fine in both the ACE and EX2. They have a pretty good life cycle have a set of 4 that I have been using for the last 3 years and they are still working great. They last longer if you run them dry before you recharge them. Much less expensive than getting a pack of the kind you can only use once. The rechargables arn't much more expensive about $5.50 for a 4 pack at Wally World. The higher the mAH the better stands for the discharge time (milli amps in an hour)

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3968 times

Nothing wrong with using NI-MH batteries. They work fine and recharge many times if you run them down before recharging them. Also consider using the costlier Lithium AA batteries. They will work for over a season in some power stingy detectors like the Fisher 1280-X. The Lithium's real advantage is if you are off in the boonies and away from stores when your main batteries fail. When rechargable get low, they just stop working without much warning.

HH,
    Sandman
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Jun 2005
    4 times

Everything you ever wanted to know about batteries:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/index.htm

Cape May Beach Bum

Monty,
    Here is another site, the study was done around digi-cams. But the info is the same for MD's.
    The tests show the Energizer 2300 Ni MH the best bet. And they are not real expensive.
    You can still get the Ni -Cads if you want them, but the Ni-MH and the Lit-Ion are the lastest and greatest.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    132 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I have mostly Energizer 2500 batteries. Did you mean 2500 instead of 2300 or did I get 200 more? Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

Cape May Beach Bum

Quote Originally Posted by Monty
    I have mostly Energizer 2500 batteries. Did you mean 2500 instead of 2300 or did I get 200 more? Monty
    Monty, I have seen the 2500 MAH's but I have not seen a test on them. The reason I said use the 2300 MAH is because the test results are extremely favorable. However, logic would tell us that if the 2300 MAH are good the Energizer 2500 MAH should be good also.
    Phil

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links