Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Do you mean NI-MH? I use NI-MH they work fine in both the ACE and EX2. They have a pretty good life cycle have a set of 4 that I have been using for the last 3 years and they are still working great. They last longer if you run them dry before you recharge them. Much less expensive than getting a pack of the kind you can only use once. The rechargables arn't much more expensive about $5.50 for a 4 pack at Wally World. The higher the mAH the better stands for the discharge time (milli amps in an hour)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with using NI-MH batteries. They work fine and recharge many times if you run them down before recharging them. Also consider using the costlier Lithium AA batteries. They will work for over a season in some power stingy detectors like the Fisher 1280-X. The Lithium's real advantage is if you are off in the boonies and away from stores when your main batteries fail. When rechargable get low, they just stop working without much warning.

HH,
Sandman

C

Cape May Beach Bum

Monty,
Here is another site, the study was done around digi-cams. But the info is the same for MD's.
The tests show the Energizer 2300 Ni MH the best bet. And they are not real expensive.
You can still get the Ni -Cads if you want them, but the Ni-MH and the Lit-Ion are the lastest and greatest.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have mostly Energizer 2500 batteries. Did you mean 2500 instead of 2300 or did I get 200 more? ;) Monty

C

Cape May Beach Bum

Monty said:
I have mostly Energizer 2500 batteries. Did you mean 2500 instead of 2300 or did I get 200 more? ;) Monty

Monty, I have seen the 2500 MAH's but I have not seen a test on them. The reason I said use the 2300 MAH is because the test results are extremely favorable. However, logic would tell us that if the 2300 MAH are good the Energizer 2500 MAH should be good also.
Phil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread