Garrett GTP 1350 Adjusting Threshold

joeymon1

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2008
Upstate NEW yORK
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTP 1350
I posted this a few days ago on the Garrett Metal detector reviews forum but I think this may be where it should go.

I recently purchased a GTP 1350 and I was wondering what the Threshold refers to. Garrett says its the "hum" I expect its more than that. I emailed Garrett and they told me what it wasn't. (Ground Balance) and how to adjust it. ( turn it down to get rid of the annoying hum). I emailed again and asked what I was really adjusting and I have not gotten a response.

Its got an adjustment for sensitivity and tone volume.

Can anyone tell me what I am adjusting?

jimmyjiver

Jan 10, 2008
Hi, The threshold is the tone you hear in the background.. Adjust your threshold so you can just barely hear it in the background... You will able to find deeper coins by setting it this way..It allows the weaker deeper signals to come up out of mud.. Running it silient does not allow the weaker deeper targets to be heard as easily they are kinda silienced or squelched out if you use a silient threshold...Hope this helps.....JJ

jimmyjiver

Jan 10, 2008
Hi,, Yeah kinda sorta but not really....Try an air test with a coin out to the extreme of your detectors reach with a silent & a slight threshold then you will see what I'm talking about....With a slight threshold the coin should have a more positive response......Good luck........JJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread