140mm Bullseye

da Hobo

May 6, 2005
Northern Illinois
I don't personally know the Bullseye PinPointer but I do use an Automax and love it. The typical pinpointer will MAYBE (really stretching it) give you 2" detection but it usual is 1" to 1 1/2".

If I recall right, I did see a pinpointer review recently that told of a pinpointer that would detect to 3" but I would need to see it and try it myself. If it worked that good then THAT's the one I would buy for my next years MD adventures!

Hobo

tabfinder

Jul 9, 2006
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex
Sorry...have to say it....PINPOINT....I also have a whites 140mm....sounds to me that you need to get better aquainted with your MD; once you master the pinpointing of your md; you dig a plug; then check your plug and hole with the pinpointer. It saves digging a bigger plug.

G

Ground Squirrel

I have one of those things... love it!
Find a target with the main detector, criss-cross it to find the center, look at the display to see what the detector "thinks" the item is, and how deep it thinks it is and dig a hole. Then search the hole and tailings with the pin pointer and retrieve the target. Way-way faster than sifting through all the tailings by eye/hand looking for the target... also saves on punctured fingers when working in ground with oyster shells (WW-1 camps, beaches, pre-war roadbeds) and getting cut by glass fragments in the chipped wood they use in play grounds.

Tip: Go get one of those heavy-duty key ring reels you see custodial people wearing, attach it to your belt or better-yet to the shoulder area of your suspenders and hang your pin pointer from that. Easy to find each time you need it and you never have to set down your pin pointer in the wet grass when you are switching between digging and pin pointing. This works for your prob tool too!

GS

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
I have the Bullseye 140 and it works well for me. I replaced the pushbutton after it went bad. From other posts it is a weak spot. When checking the hole for a target it's fine. I wish it was a little stronger when the coin is not in the hole but in the center of the plug. I can check the hole, then the plug and no reading. Then I sweep the plug with the detector and I know it's in there. It just takes a little longer in this situation. Rob

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got a bulleye(lost it a few times,feel stupid walking around with detector looking 4 something i lost,finally attached a couple of wallet chaines 2 it)also have the dx-1 which attaches directly 2 the xlt or dfx it goes 2-3 inches

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread