Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone used this probe SUN RAY INVADER™ DX-1 TARGET PROBE on there detector i have a DFX and i read its compatible with my DFX i now have a Whites Bullseye II my second and now thats broken they just dont seem to last to long iam willing to try the Sun Ray it looks much easier to use i wont have to keep fumbling around looking for my Bullseye in my pocket for each target i find, any insight i thank you Jim , see photo below

Attachments

• dx1_1.jpg
    dx1_1.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 404

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I have one on my DFX. I wouldn't leave home with out it. That's one of the nice things about it. You can't forget it at home because its attached to your MD. Works great. It's always right there when you need it. It's very well made. You won't be sorry. You'll wonder how you managed to go so long with out one :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff H said:
I have one on my DFX. I wouldn't leave home with out it. That's one of the nice things about it. You can't forget it at home because its attached to your MD. Works great. It's always right there when you need it. It's very well made. You won't be sorry. You'll wonder how you managed to go so long with out one :icon_thumleft:
Thanks cant wait to get it ,true you cant forget it if its on the pole :thumbsup:

DFXaholic

Mar 19, 2005
Puyallup, Wa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, 11 inch coil, 13 inch coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best add on to my DFX, Love it, need it, and don't leave home without it..........

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
now that I sold my DFX, I'm seriously missing my sunray. time to reinvest

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
It is ok,they do not seem to work like I thought they would. I still dig bigger holes than need be, and it doesn't detect very deep, maybe 2-3 inches in my ground.
Seems like I am always messing with it or taking awhile to pinpoint with it when I could take 2 seconds of real time and grab a handful of dirt and swing over the stock coil, instead of poking around for 5 minutes looking for a piece of metal,especially a little piece.
Sometimes it will not detect. idk how many times I take it out of probe,put the switch back to coil to locate it in the plug, and rescan with the probe.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it's a pinpointer, it's not designed to go more than 3 inches.
if you're still digging big holes, you need to practice x'ing the spot first

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like mine when I had an MXT. I mounted mine right on the detector box itself. Really helped with the balance. I don't know about the DFX but on the MXT while in pinpointing mode I could click the trigger 2-3 times and it would de-tune the probe so that only the tip was, "hot". Made it easier to get right on the target itself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread