xlt acting weard

grimroofer

Dec 14, 2007
kihei maui
Detector(s) used
xlt- surf master - tiger shark-sand shark
hi has anyone had there xlt read overload on almost everything i dont know whats going on :dontknow: :dontknow: whites had it last year and tuned it up and put on a new screen i am not sure if it is the ground here i live on maui i never had any problems in michigan any ideas thanks for any help grim

OP
OP
grimroofer

grimroofer

Dec 14, 2007
kihei maui
Detector(s) used
im using the 9" coil no cover do you think it is the soil ? works ok in the dry sand at the beach

OP
OP
grimroofer

grimroofer

Dec 14, 2007
kihei maui
Detector(s) used
the places i was at over the weekend were just the reg red dirt we have here theres not many power lines in that area a very old area i came from detroit so i know what your talking about with the power lines i thought it might be a common problem

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
what kind of batteries are you using ? some batteries don't work with all detectors.
another thing you can do, a hard reset. turn on the MD, let it get ready to detect
then, pull the battery out and count to 10 slowly and reinsert the battery
if that doesn't work, try to use the factory coin program. if that doesn't work
it may have to go into White's

OP
OP
grimroofer

grimroofer

Dec 14, 2007
kihei maui
Detector(s) used
i always use the copper top lol but i didnt know about doing the reset that might work and i was in coin mode i will try the reset and let you know thanks allot

Greg-in-MI

Apr 5, 2008
bad coil

I had the same problem it ended up being a bad coil find a friend with an xlt and switch coils

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread