I Need All Help And Ideas On How To Finish Helping Me Make a Beach Sifter!

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition
Hi Guys! I am Looking For People To Help Me Figure Out Ideas And Ways On How To Make Some New Beach Rakes/Shovel/Scoops/Sifters.

Might I ADD This Is For BEACH SIFTING IN SOFT SAND... SO I DO NOT NEED IT TO BE SOMETHING FOR HARD SAND OK!

What I Have is some Heavy Duty Style Chicken Wire That I Had Found, And What I Did Was I Went To Went To Walmart and Bought a Net For Fishing, and Cut The Net off, and Then Attached The Wire To It.. So What I Was Wondering Is This....

Is There Anybody That Could Help Me Make Some Really Neat and Usable Beach Rakes?
I was Wondering if anyone Would Have Any Ideas on What I Could Do With The Materials I have Supplied in the Pictures
I Have The Chicken Style Wire, Not To Mention Plenty of Tools To Build Them, As Well As Maybe Some Items I could Use as Handles.

As You Could See I Have Already Made One... I Made A Nice Little small One That I am Looking To Try Out, But I Would Like Some Of Your Ideas!!

So Please, All input would Be Appreciated!! Please Let Me Know What You Guys Think! And What Ideas You Might Have!
Also I am Looking to make a Rake That would Act As A Shovel That I Could Dig Into the Soft Sand at the Beach To Use as A Sifter

Thanks So Much Guys For All The Help
Anthony Harvey
[email protected]

Attachments

• CIMG0616.JPG
    CIMG0616.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 317
  • CIMG0638.JPG
    CIMG0638.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 325
  • CIMG0639.JPG
    CIMG0639.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 323
  • CIMG0641.JPG
    CIMG0641.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 314
  • CIMG0656.JPG
    CIMG0656.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 338
  • CIMG0655.JPG
    CIMG0655.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 310
  • CIMG0643.JPG
    CIMG0643.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 315
  • CIMG0642.JPG
    CIMG0642.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 319
  • CIMG0616.JPG
    CIMG0616.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 313
  • CIMG0638.JPG
    CIMG0638.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 308
  • CIMG0639.JPG
    CIMG0639.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 310
  • CIMG0655.JPG
    CIMG0655.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 312
  • CIMG0643.JPG
    CIMG0643.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 302
  • CIMG0642.JPG
    CIMG0642.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 317
  • CIMG0641.JPG
    CIMG0641.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 303
  • CIMG0656.JPG
    CIMG0656.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 317

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Hello Anthony, Skypilot02 here! First off: Welcome to TreasureNet!!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
Now for some input. From the pictures it is hard to tell if there is any slack in the wire on your net, but I don't think there is. The pictures are really good, it is the angle that makes it rough. I know all about the beach sand (and sugar sand!!LOL!!!), as I spent a lot of time in Ft. Myers, Lee Co., and also near Tallahassee! The sand is a dream to sift through! That said, I wonder if maybe you would be better off having a "loose pouch" that will allow about a quart of sand to fill your net, rather than a tight fit that allows the sand to fall off the side? As for the beach "rake", how about having a rectangular frame hooked to a handle (with a say, 4"x18" rectangle laying length wise on the sand), and a screen "bag" behind it about eight inches long and connected to the rake? That way, you can simply pull the "rake/sifter" through the sand and collect everything within the four by eighteen inch path, and after looking through it for treasure, all you would have to do is dump the scrap in your trash sack.

Just tossing a few ideas your way!! Hope this helps!!! If I can help at all, feel free to p.m. me! Please keep us updated, I believe you have some great ideas!

Good luck!!!! Regards, Skypilot

OP
OP
adh247

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
well finally went with thia design, i redesigned it and thought would put up some new pics. I redid it and i wanted it more basket like so i dediesd that i would make it the way i wanted it to , so what i sis was cut a template ans wired it together , and crimped it and i am happy with the out come, i am gonna go use it in the sift sand tomorrow which i do a lot, so i know it will come in handy. i have about 2 hours work inro iit and about 4 bucks!
lemme kno what you guys think?
I will tell you how it works tomorrow night :)

Attachments

• Scoop1.JPG
    Scoop1.JPG
    720.4 KB · Views: 311
  • Scoop2.JPG
    Scoop2.JPG
    646.5 KB · Views: 315
  • Scoop3.JPG
    Scoop3.JPG
    799.3 KB · Views: 300
OP
OP
adh247

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Also i heard what you said and yes they are going to be for sugar sand mainly :)
also i am sorry they are so big i thought i tought it would help with detail. if anyone can make them smalller. by all mans.. cant wait togo out tomorrow

OP
OP
adh247

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
and yes they are sealed alll the way around. i stiitiched it all together with something thats kina like super heavy duty trash bag wire, but bigger gaugge and als0o clamped over when i could. it was fun

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Here ya go, this is what yer looking for. An old power lawn mower handle, some aluminum strap, and 1/4 inch metal hardware cloth, and a few magnets (to catch nails and wire) I also have detailed plans for this wonderful "sand dredge" the more you push down on the handle, the deeper it goes, or you can just put some bricks or a cinder block on top to make it go deeper without pushing down. I have also used it with limited success in shallow water (no weeds) for pre-cleaning nails and glass before detecting. this is not my invention, but is used with express permission given in a treasure mag. Shoot me a P.M. if you want a copy. I'll see if they copy legibly........NGE P.S. No detector needed Just start at one end of a line, drag in a line, however long ya want, stop, search contents carefully. Dump trash in nearest can, start new line. Or you can make dump lines and scoop all after you're done, then scoop all up and deposit in proper recepticle.

Attachments

• size comparison.jpg
    size comparison.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 243
  • sand dredge.jpg
    sand dredge.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 236
  • french fry basket.jpg
    french fry basket.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 238
  • bottom of basket.jpg
    bottom of basket.jpg