XLT Whites Blue Max Series Maxima 1500 need program

S

stealthb2000

I bought a White's Blue Max Series Maxima 1500 Loop, for my Spectrum XLT, sometime back, and never received any information about the loop. Upon hooking it up I found it doesn't match the readings I get on the display of the detector. Is there a program I can load into the detector to compensate for the false readings I am getting when using the Maxima 1500 loop? None of the Icons come up right. When I pull the triger for the depth, over a good target, it reads wrong. I end up digging bad targets, most of the time.
Bill

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No programme. The problems you are experiencing are the norm as the machine still thinks it has the stock 9.5 coil fitted and everything is set up around that.
Re depth you can make a mental note of how much the display is out by and knock that amount off but first you need to clean up the signal. Sensitivity/Pre-Amp will normally have to be set lower than with the stock coil on the same site but most important is to adjust the recovery speed.
Use 'normal' settings and the the sheer size of the coil means it spends a long time passing over the target in one sweep. This results in several audio responses happening from one target....and the size of the coil means two or three targets could be being picked up at almost the same time making things even worse.
Try to match recovery speed to coil size. So whether you go bigger or smaller than 9.5" it must be adjusted to suit. A good starting point for the Maxima would be Recovery Speed 5. Try that and experiment with the setting.
I wouldn't try using the icons as their not to accurate anyway and don't forget that the use of VCO pinpointing will help sort out any problems locating the target and if you don't sweep dead over the find the machine can't give an accurate I.D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread