Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bullseye II pinpointer. Had it for almost a year but didn't start using it till late last fall. I didn't really see a need in using it at first and now I don't want to do without it! Anyhow here's the deal...

It beeps at anything. What ever I touch the end of it with..metal or not...it beeps? I have been a bit rough on it as when I dug a hole and didn't get a beep I just dug a little with the pinpointer... ::) I know...not suppose to 'dig' with it but....I did. Now what do I do? It doesn't look broken...just a little worn on the end from diggin.

Thank ya!

Nan ;)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
hmmm. i have an automax v2 pinpointer that gets screwy on me sometimes. on the automax, on the back under the beltclip,there is a tiny little screw recessed in a hole. if you get an itty bitty screwdriver, and turn that screw you can adjust how sensative the thing is. maybe there is a similar screw on the bullseye?try contacting whites and asking if there is a way to adjust it. you probably have already done my second idea but ill say it anyway. have you checked the battery? ;)

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red!

I have changed the battery...twice...but that's not it. I'll look and see if it may have a place for adjustments.

Nana ;)

da Hobo

May 6, 2005
Northern Illinois
Hi Nana, aren't those pinpointers nice? :) I have an Automax also so don't know the Bullseye but, taking a chance to sound dumb, let me say this . . .

It was working fine, right? And you probed ;D a bit with it. Then it didn't work so well right afterwards or days or weeks later??

1) Does it have any adjustment knobs on it, maybe as part of the on/off switch?
2) Have you cleaned the end of it well? Maybe there's a tiny bit of metal hidden in the dirt there or perhaps in a hairline crack.
3) What was it's range before this problem? My Automax detects to about 1 1/2 inches on a good day.
4) Is it by chance still in warranty?? :o That would be nice! lol
5) Call White and discuss this with them. I'm sure they would be helpful.

Just a couple of thoughts here. My first pinpointer lasted about 3-4 weeks. It was intermitten and Kellyco replaced it for me. Hope your problem is simple and fixed soon. My next pintpointer?? I'm thinking I'll try that one from Tesoro, can't remember it's name offhand.

Let us know what you find out.

Hobo

R

Rustbelt Rosie

OK Nana, you might have thrown off the calibration a bit by digging with it. STOP digging with it. ;D Assuming that it's ouf of warranty and if your model is the old square kind, either the white or black one that looks like a box try tightening up the screw on the outside back that is in the middle, it is the one that holds the probe to the circuit board. If the probe end isn't wiggly and this doesn't stop the problem. Go to plan two. You can recalibrate it's sensitivity really easy. (I am not speaking about the new Bullseyes that look like cell phones, I don't know about them.) On the older ones there are 4 small phillips head screws on the back. Take em out. Flip the box over and carefully open it. Look at the circuit board up where the wires go to the little led light on the upper right and you will see a small square blue box (pot) with a white "screw head" in the middle. Turning that screw ever so slightly will increase or decrease the sensitivity. While you have the back off, turn the unit on and test the distance that the buzzer sounds off on metal. If it's more than an inch away, turn the trimmer screw back a little at a time. Test it also by bumping your fingers on the probe and adjusting that trimmer a little. Reassemble when it's behaving itself. I have had original Bullseye probe for 6 or 7 years and periodically it acts up after it's been dropped or bumped hard, but the above actions have always corrected it for me. If neither of these solutions work for you, you may have damaged it and it might be time for a new one. The Vibraprobes are more durable for stabbing around in the soil, but digging with them is probably not advised. Good luck to ya, hope this helps. Happy Hunting!
Rustbelt Rosie

da Hobo

May 6, 2005
Northern Illinois
Good idea Rosie and it sounds like you know the Bullseye pretty well "from past experience." ;) The old temptation to probe (dig) just a little bit more with them . . . . gets you everytime. lol My only caution in any of this?? Before opening the unit be sure it is OUT OF WARRANTY. If it's still IN warranty and you can wait a week or so, there is a fair chance they will just exchange your old, used pinpointer (read this as "digger" lol) for a new one. If you open it and they can tell, well then, you will either have to fix it yourself, pay for the repair OR, buy a new one.

Just something to think about.

Nana . . . you had it since July and just started to use it the last four months?? I think we need to talk. rofl

Hobo

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies!

I e-mailed White's yesterday and today I got a really great response! It is still under warranty and he said "Just send it back and we'll get a new one right back to you....at no charge" !!!! Yea!!!! Great to do business with them! Now....how much longer will I have to hunt without a pinpointer? Guess we'll see! ;)

Thanks again!

Nana ;)

PS...I don't know what I was thinkin hobo! :D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to me that with all the modern technology, somebody could invent a pinpointing shovel for Nana! ;) Monty

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Before you send it back, try this- this problem (?) is common with the bullseye 2.

Turn the knob all the way up and hold the button down, now slowly turn the knob down until the buzzing just stops.

It seems the sensitivity control on these units can be overadjusted for some reason. It was built that way.

By the way, I have no idea how I got along without one for all these years, too! LOL! Love mine now that I have one.... :D

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Done sent it back and got a new one in return ya'll! What service! Sent it back on Monday and got a new one back on Saturday! Now...if they would just make a Nana proof one! :D Ya know....if they can put a man on the mooooon!

Thanks for the help ya'll! I'll have to remember all the trouble shooting posts you gave me ......just in case! ;D

Nana ;)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Well, remember mine for sure, I have one, and from what I hear, they all do the same thing.... I only have to adjust it when I bump it, the knob is pretty good at staying where it's at, unless you bump it. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread