DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a Bluemax 4x6 Shooter DD for my XLT E- Series..I went to try it out for the first time and it would'nt ground balance in the coin program
until the 3rd try ( no metal in the area or mineralized soil )
I tried it the coin jewelery and the same thing happened...It will ground balance only after the 3rd try....WHY?
What needs to be changed in the preset program so I can save it....

Also any helpful hints on a program that I can use for this coil to get more depth from it....
Thank You BOB

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
I have the same coil and an XLT. I have never tried to use it in the coin program, because I always use a modified relic program. I don't know about the ground balance problem but I will tell you that you can run that coil just about wide open, at least most places I have detected with it. I can dig a quarter at 6+ not as good as the stock coil but it is very good in trash. Maybe you should try to ground balance it manually. I hope this helps. Rick

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i suggest u put down your detector and start painting so u could come out this weekend

B

Brush Creek

Where the cord plugs in move the cord around a little and see if it ground bals in a certen position
I had 2 white's heads go bad at the plug area. I suppose a broken wire in side from brushing my hip as I swing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread