RADIO SHACK DISCOVERY 3300 PROBLEMS

suzyqdogs

Jul 4, 2005
Hi all! I'm looking for some help for my sister. She purchased a 3300 Discovery Detector and is having a real problem presetting it??? I have an Ace 150 so I'm not familiar with setting up hers. She says when she swings the coil over a silver dime (for instance) it jumps from nickel to pull tab to penny. What does she need to do????

Thanks everyone

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
im not sure what she needs to do to improve her machine, but in the same situation i know what i would do. i would sell it and get and ace 250........but thats just me. for $200 its a great machine. :)

Will_detect4food

May 2, 2006
Gold Coast
hollowpointred said:
im not sure what she needs to do to improve her machine, but in the same situation i know what i would do. i would sell it and get and ace 250........but thats just me. for $200 its a great machine. :)

that would be my choice too

Stainless Steet Rat

May 15, 2006
I have been using mine for about 2 weeks now and it will bounce ALL around on shallow targets. I have had a silver quarter at 3 inches bounce on the target ID from wheatie to $1 coin. It will also read big deep iron items as quarters and 50 cent pieces on higher sensitivity and fast swings. I get great target ID at a slow to moderate swing and sensitivity 2-3 and notch out iron. It reads pretty good to about 5-6 inches in my soil, after that the target id is very iffy. The deepest I have dug a quarter was 8 inches and a 7 inch silver dime at sensitivity 6 in all metal mode with no trash around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread