strange metal detector noises

irondigger

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2010
I was hunting with my Garrett GTI 2500 in the all metal mode and I did the fast track ground balance, but I kept getting a constant tone that the detector kept making. But it was not a detection tone. Then I would move the detector a few feet over and the sound would temporarily go away for a few seconds, then start up again. I tried ground balancing again several times, but this problem of the constant sound continued. Also in this same mode I tried scanning a different spot and was getting all sorts of fast light beeps, sometimes even double and triple beeps over certain spots, but when I went to dig, there was nothing there. Other times I would scan and get a signal, but then the signal would only happen that one time, then would just disappear.

I also tried hunting in the discriminate coins mode and got a signal but when I dug it up it turned out to be a rusty nail. I thought that the discriminate mode would block out the trash metal automatically.

I don’t know if this makes a difference, but here were the detecting and overall soil conditions: Overall soil conditions were wet, sometimes wet to the degree that the soil was like clay and sometimes just wet. The soil I was hunting was not rocky at all, it was just a dark brown loam color.

I just don’t know what I am doing wrong and need some help, especially with that constant sound when using the all metal mode. ??? ??? :dontknow: :read2: :coffee2:

reelred

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2011
i hunt with the ace 350 and it sounds exactly how mine was doing.
i took it to the dealer that i bought from and he said he was going
to cantact his distributor and get back to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions