Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

Attachments

• msg_pinpointer_product.gif
    msg_pinpointer_product.gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 362

surlydog

Dec 19, 2004
rock hill s.c.
No, have not...but just attached a "Sunray"pin pointer to my DFX. Used it the first time yesterday and what a eye opening experience..This thing will have you digging FAR less dirt to recover finds..about golf ball holes, as it responds directly over finds and the depth is very good. With the DFX, you just hit a toggle switch and then the pinpointer runs off the detector electronics. You didn't say what kind of a machine you have, but if one of these is availible..get it, you'll really like the way it works..

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
hi surley! i have a gti 2500 but the main reason i dont get a sunray for it is because of the weight. the 2500 already weighs a ton, and i dont really want to make it heavier..........really i am looking for a pinpointer for a gift for my brother. he has just taken to the hobby using an ace 250 and i was looking for an inexpensive pinpointer for him. these are only about $35 bux on ebay, but if they suck, its not even worth that!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Ive seen em on ebay but never used one. There is a nice pinpointer on ebay that looks similar to the bullseye, I beleive it is made by Bounty Hunter, 5 year warranty, Adjustable sensitivity, buy it now for around $45-$50. Im getting 2 on payday. A little more money but I think a much better pinpointer.

just looked & the buy it now price is up a bit, keep looking & you might find one cheaper.

Attachments

• pinpointer.jpg
    pinpointer.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 309

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Tiny Tec Deluxe! I've been using one now for almost 6 months and I love it! I also swing an ACE 250 and couldn't see spending 30% of its cost for a pinpointer. Check it out at tinytec-probes.com and at $39.95, can't be beat IMHO.

HH, ya'll!
Kajun

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I have 2 Tiny-tec probes that we bought for $40 each & they work well for the money. Ive only used one for a short while & dont care for em but my girl loves it. I got a BH pinpointer off ebay, ended up costing me about $70. It works but it aint a bullseye, cheaper construction, but it has a 5 year warranty. Wouldnt recomend getting one at $70, but if you can find a new one for around $40-$50 it would be a good buy.

UPDATE 8-1-06
Ive used it a few times now & Im getting used to it, starting to like it almost as much as I liked my Bullseye2! One thing I like is that the probe & the grip is all one piece, it'll never get loose on me. I think its a very nice pinpointer for the money, if you find it shipped for about $60 Id jump on it! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread