Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....took my AT Pro International for her second test drive on a rare day not filled with rain. Hit a local field and tried the various settings and finally settled on the standard mode at zero.

Found the machine stable at this setting and very good at picking up deep coins in the 8 to 10 inch range. Had plowed this field numerous times with the Freedom 3 Plus. Pennies rang up good as did loonies and twoonies but dimes and quarters were not to be done. Tried an air test and the machine still would not pick them up at any level.....need help there. Did get one dime and I suspect that it was becaose it was a 1968 one which is half silver which rang up at 82 on that display dewie. The quarter was laying on the surface I eyeballed!

Will it replace my half working Freedom 3 Pluses.....not at this stage.

Duration of dig was 1hr10
Coins found 14 @$4.52
AT Pro bloody muddy
AT Pro finds needed to pay for itself and water head phones $706.38
P5180006.jpg

On another note got to going around a few goodies that Maw had left me which included this. Don't now much about it other then it was her father's medal.
P5170001.jpg

P5170002.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
based on your failed air test, I would say you have a discrimination problem. Frank

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The 40 level iron rejection control is separate from the discrimination notches & when you select a mode it chooses an iron rejection level for you that may not be what is wanted. Have you tried turning the iron rejection down to 0 & does it then pick up the newer dimes & quarters? If not, it needs to be sent in. Best wishes, George (MN)

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Leslie... PM John-Edmonton about your AT-Pro International, he is a coin killer with his. You can find him posting mostly on the Garrett forum here on Treasurenet. He may be able to help you diagnose the trouble you're having. From the inital sound of what is going on it almost sounds like you may have a US AT-Pro, missing on the dimes and quarters.

Believe me, once you get it sorted out, you'll be happy with the decision to get the AT-Pro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread