Best coil upgrade for Whites 6000di series 2 hip mount? (coin hunting)

kctrading

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2006
Best coil upgrade for White's 6000di series 2 hip mount? (coin hunting)

I just picked this up going to be my boys and my backup detector. I am saving up for a Minelab Explorer II :)

Best upgrade/size search coil for this unit? Also, is it work upgrading the coil? Mostly for coin hunting around southern california, may go to the beach once in a while but mostly around here in Hemet, CA

Also can a chartered member maybe do a search on this subjet for me?

6000di-2a.jpg

6000di-2b.jpg

Thanks!

Ken

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
Re: Best coil upgrade for White's 6000di series 2 hip mount? (coin hunting)

I've got a 6000 DI series 3 with the 8" coil. As far as I know you can't upgrade the coil. I'd use as is and buy a new detector. Rob

OP
OP
K

kctrading

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2006

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Yes, you can use that coil. I had a 14" coil with my old Whites Coinmaster. It looks like it will plug right in.

OP
OP
K

kctrading

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2006

bigcypresshunter said:
Yes, you can use that coil. I had a 14" coil with my old Whites Coinmaster. It looks like it will plug right in.

bigcypresshunter, which model did you have? They also make a 4" too right? Love to get my hands on one of those as well!

Ken

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I dont have them anymore. I AM NO EXPERT, but I had a 5000 Coinmaster and used one of the 6000's years ago. I had a 8" and 14' coil. I would say if the plug fits, it should work. You may need an extension wire with the hipmount, or you may already have it. :)

Btw: A charter member only means that we have donated to TN. ;D

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had a Series 2 with stock coil the 10 inch (as it was sold in the U.K....think they worked on the coil width inside not the plastic case) and a four inch which was a great coil in the right (high rubbish) places. Only problem was that the wire came out of the rear of the coil not upwards towards the control box as is normal.
This meant it was all to easy to hit the connector as you swung. I ended up fitting two triangles, one each side of the connector to offer some protection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions