chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a multi-frequency detector does for me is it give me so so much more information to process and more ways to help determine if you should dig or not. In the beginning its information overload but it takes 2-4 weeks to get it figured out. I couldn't go back to a single frequency detector even if I had to!

chukers

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Example: Here is how the DFX works. It sends out 16 frequencies from 3KHz to 92KHz which are processed using two methods. You select which you use.
---Best data method-analizes data from the most reliable frequency-for general use, parks etc.
---Correlate method- compares the two best frequencies and displays target info only if they agree. This is used for homestead type searches and eliminates targets like nails. Frank

tiggar

Sep 26, 2011
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know for me doing nothing but saltwater beach hunting I have tried numerous single frequency machines and could not get any of them to stay stable in the wet saltwater sand. Dual or Multi frequency was my only option....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Example: Here is how the DFX works. It sends out 16 frequencies from 3KHz to 92KHz which are processed using two methods. You select which you use.
---Best data method-analizes data from the most reliable frequency-for general use, parks etc.
---Correlate method- compares the two best frequencies and displays target info only if they agree. This is used for homestead type searches and eliminates targets like nails. Frank
The DFX only has two freq, 3 kHz and 15 kHz and you can use both or one or the other. It can only send out two frequencies at once.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I have a Garrett AT Pro. It is a single frequency detector, but even in very dry, hard & somewhat mineralized soil, it gave me a correct ID on a dime down 7". Even some who use very expensive multi-frequency units like Minelabs say the visual ID is no good beyond 7", so I don't know if there is really a great gain. The expensive Minelabs will beep deeper, but ID may not be perfect. Best wishes, George (MN)

mramsoil

Mar 1, 2009
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i w/ Sunray DX1, D2, 6x9, & Detech 13" coils, BH300, Surfmaster Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Minelabs use multiple frequencies and processes them internally and gives you an Iron and a conductivity reading.
The White's V3i & VX3 use 3 frequencies and show you the response for each frequency. Different targets give a different response at each frequency. You then can decide whether or not to dig based on more information.
As you can tell, I own a V3i which I chose over the Minelab E-Trac. If you like to tweak the hell out of a MD to get the most depth, go for the V3i. If you want to tweak a little, get the VX3. A biggie for me in the decision was service. White's has come through every time, no questions. If you want to know about Minelab, just go through the Minelab threads in this forum.
Well, that's my $.05.

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
I have a DFX which is a dual frequency. I have not noticed any difference in the finding depths of targets using 1 or 2 frequencies but, using 1 or 2 frequencies can make a huge difference in stability when dealing with outside electrical interferences. And as mentioned earlier multiple frequencies are needed on salt water beaches.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
white's, are the best....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Minelabs use multiple frequencies and processes them internally and gives you an Iron and a conductivity reading.
The White's V3i & VX3 use 3 frequencies and show you the response for each frequency. Different targets give a different response at each frequency. You then can decide whether or not to dig based on more information.
As you can tell, I own a V3i which I chose over the Minelab E-Trac. If you like to tweak the hell out of a MD to get the most depth, go for the V3i. If you want to tweak a little, get the VX3. A biggie for me in the decision was service. White's has come through every time, no questions. If you want to know about Minelab, just go through the Minelab threads in this forum.
Well, that's my $.05.

I have been using Minelabs for over 5 years, love them, no problems...... Had a Beach Hunter ID, the thing constantly leaked and whites kept telling me it was becasue I wasnt closing it properly...BS.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread