underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
"wireless" setup with mini FM transmitter

Wondering what setups works best for you. I do NOT want any bluetooth info strictly FM transmitter.
Was looking at a philips transcast fm transmitter and was just going to get the smallest digital tuner fm radio I could find that isn't junk. Maybe even headphones with built-in fm radio so it would truly be wireless. I mean wireless in the sense of not being physically wired to the MD via headphones. I don't mind being wired to an external fm radio as long as I'm not connected to the MD. Any help is much appreciated. thank in advance.

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "wireless" setup with mini FM transmitter

I think an FM transmiter would be too slow. But I was thinking of trying the same setup anyways. It might actually work.

3pinplug

Apr 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
Yes the mini FM transmitter will work fine, to eliminate the headphone cable going to the detector I plug my earphones into my cellphone (using the radio app on it to receive the signal from the FM transmitter) which i keep in my inside pocket. There is no delay and for me this setup works well as I kept getting tangled up in my headphone lead. The only thing i would do to improve the setup is get a pair of earphones with a volume control as the sounds could do with being increased slightly.
Mark (UK)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread