Blue Excalibur 1000 needs coil

ntx4509

Greenie
Nov 2, 2007
Galveston,Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett xl200
My blue excalibur has cracked coil covering and I am assuming this is causing water to enter the coil as well as the cable itself. It is acting more erratic after each use. There is no moisture in the main housing. And I do use silicone on the threads and gasket.
What have others used for replacement coils. I have read some on the SEF and WOT.
I mainly detect in the surf but on occasion the dry and moist sand.
Any users of the older Blue excalibures have suggestions for the best coil in the 10 inch or so range?

Thanks
Greg

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Greg, I would get me a plug for the top wire section and just buy any of the Sovereign coils out there! Or all the Sovereign coils available. You just have to keep the connection from being submerged! This will give you the full range of coils. If you get it wet its not the end of the world just wash the connection off. Over the years you may have to replace some connector!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• SNAG-0008.jpg
    SNAG-0008.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 1,269

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Joe.

123tje

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a question about the Sovereign coils ,howe waterproof are the coils ,can i go 2 mtr underwater with the excalibur or are they only for dry swing
grt henk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread