Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no metal detector on the market today that can tell the difference betyween aluminum and gold, brass, bronze or gold. Sorry.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
There is no metal detector on the market today that can tell the difference betyween aluminum and gold, brass, bronze or gold. Sorry.
A member told me he knew someone with an electronic device that was able to differentiate between gold and the other non ferrous metals. I told him I am not aware of such a device but willing to learn. Just checking. Thanks.

Any other comments welcome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
How does the pawn shop device work?

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi bigcypresshunter

I think what you're looking for is a portable XRF (X-RAY FLUORESCENCE) analyzer. There are hand held models of this "magic ray gun". Am not too sure if this ultra-high tech tool falls under a strictly electronic classification. Try browsing "Visit thermoscientific.com". It can detect all kinds of stuff including metals, precious and industrial. Happy reading!

tabu

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
If the stuff is in the ground, there's nothing can tell the difference. Put it in the palm of your hand, and you don't scientific instruments to tell the diff between brass and gold, you can see and feel the difference.

-Dave J.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be a device called the Gold Spear (or Goldspear) that you stick a probe in the ground and if it touches gold it will light up. Problem is even if a few specks of gold touch it it will light up. I think it also detects other metals, too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks. This is what I thought. A member told me he witnessed an electronic device that signaled large amounts of gold several feet underground. I say no way.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions