Tesoro Cibola

stonewallsmen

Feb 18, 2011
Fort Bragg
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I have had my Cibola for about 6 months now. I've searched a few places that I know relics are at, but I haven't really found anything. I was wondering if maybe I'm not doing my settings right. I figured out how to get rid of square nail signal, but I'm afraid I'm losing bullets and all the other fun stuff. Anyone else use a Cibola for relic hunting, and if so what settings do you use?

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cibola is a relic machine, just set it just below 5 cent range and dig all solid hits. HH

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is that the Cibola has fixed ground balance which may or may not the correct ground balance setting for your soils. In hot ground the Cibola can lose depth fast. You may need a unit with
manual adjustable ground balance to regain depth. You might be better served trading up to the Vaquero. And adding a 10x12 searchcoil.

Nails lying flat general give off a double beep, unless it is buried straight down. You can also scan a target from another angle if you get a single beep, to see if it now gives a double beep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions